Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random white tesla parked outside last night (in my usual spot). There were 2 parked right next to each other. The other was black (missed getting a pic.).
Was interested to know what Tint this owner used. (Back window did not look like 3M).

IMG_86022.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8602.JPG
    IMG_8602.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 873
Last edited:
driving home today on the 134 eastbound i saw a black tesla with lovely grey 21" wheels at the san rafael ave freeway onramp traffic control lights. though wow, i love the way the grey 21"s wheels look. then the front end lifted and he started to gain speed. looked very fast.

the tesla stayed behind me and got off at one the 210 interchange. i tried to get a glimpse of the rear for the badge identifier but the angles were not working. im 85% sure it was a p85d given the bulk of the badge and the way it exploded to speed.

I passed this brown Model S at 4:31 this afternoon as it was headed south on Route 281 in Cortland. I didn't see it in time to wave or anything. The dashcam captured the picture. From the rear dashcam shot I could see the car had a spoiler.

View attachment 89632

Given how rare it is to spot a brown, I wonder if that's my friend from Auburn. Ironically, also an Andy.

:)

We need some 4K dash cams...

Looking closely at the two pictures I posted above, I'm wondering if the quality is actually less than what it would have been if I had not been using the polarizing filters that I organized the group buy for. I'm actually going to remove them for a while, and see how the next pictures I try to save look.

The filters definitely work well with respect to reducing the glare. I'm just wondering if by virtue of also reducing the total light available to the dashcams, they are also reducing image quality.

Joined by a brand-spankin' new gray 70D with NJ temp plates in Arlington, VA. Anybody here on TMC? I'll buy you a cup of coffee- not only because you have great taste, but also because the baby wipes on your center console isn't lost on me. :)
IMG_5925-2.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5925.JPG
    IMG_5925.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 999
Joined by a brand-spankin' new gray 70D with NJ temp plates in Arlington, VA. Anybody here on TMC? I'll buy you a cup of coffee- not only because you have great taste, but also because the baby wipes on your center console isn't lost on me. :)

If you are ever in Charlotte, NC (or I'm in Shenandoah (been a couple years)), we should park next to each other. My plate is "KCKD GAS" :)

Finally captured my own picture of another Model S in Ithaca, from my P85D's dashcam, and got a wave!

Just before 7:45 PM this evening I pulled up to the intersection of Route 13 and Warren Road, heading South on Warren Road, and realized that the car directly across Route 13 from me was another Model S! I flashed my lights a few times, but did not get a response. We were turning left onto Route 13 and the other Model S was also turning left, so we were going to pass fairly close together in the intersection. When we did, the passenger in the other Model S, a young woman, lowered the window and waved, and my wife and I both waved back.

Because of the low light, I'm not certain of the color, but I believe it was brown.

Brown Model S Warren Road August 17.jpg