Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have ... hackers??

(You all know making me a mod was an example of Doug's twisted sense of humor. He was tired of how quickly I took things off track. Brilliant move, really. ... but as Nigel pointed out, I only have to behave on my assigned forums. Yay.)

We poke and prod at the Mods, the site is great and often a place to escape to when the main Tesla Forums are down as well. Keep up the good work trying to keep the strong opinions in check, but then again, I'm getting off topic again aren't I? ;) ***EVIL LAUGH***

Prototype with trailer hitch in SF:
tesla-model-s-mule-with-hitch-628.jpg

TEG, you are losing your touch ;)

Hitch Option?

That's not a hitch apparently but, an anchor for the dyno.

That will confuse some people until they get their Model S to go with the plates!

Probably some people will go "oh that is what a Tesla looks like", not realizing that they are seeing a LEAF as a {plate} placeholder.

Saw a Model S coming out of The Oaks in Cupertino as we headed towards the freeway. It was silver, and was an older prototype, I think.

What made it stand out was the door handles. Sure, the front nose cone, but not in nearly as nice a way as seeing the completely smooth sides. Kinda funny. And weird to realize how many of it's design cues have already been copied or reflected into other cars.

But it's quite handsome, especially compared to all those Lexus sedans with the cheesy gold-colored decals.

Loaded or unloaded? Those are Florida plates?!?

The Roadster looks like Tim Watkins F24 (TEG might know?); I wonder if that's a Founders Model S for him?

P.S. Cross-posting this from the Roadster section.

Not a full on shot, but the 19 inches don't look bad on the car

No, the badging (Model S) is in the 'wrong' place. It has Dealer plates on. This is a beta.

The badging is better on the right IMO. If it were delivered there with. Oohing else, I'd probably leave it

No, the badging (Model S) is in the 'wrong' place. It has Dealer plates on. This is a beta.

Ah, yes you're right. But I can tell you that we've never had a Model S here with FL plates. VIN #14 is a white one that was still here at the weekend and had CA plates last time I saw it, it was also fitted with performance wheels. VIN#29 in silver is here also right now with CA plates. That's it.

So I wonder what the one in the pic is?

Ah, yes you're right. But I can tell you that we've never had a Model S here with FL plates. VIN #14 is a white one that was still here at the weekend and had CA plates last time I saw it, it was also fitted with performance wheels. VIN#29 in silver is here also right now with CA plates. That's it.
So I wonder what the one in the pic is?

Note, the white Model S in the picture has a Florida DEALER plate. So, it does seem likely it could be headed to the store for test drives... Probably not a customer car (yet)...
I think the orange Roadster in front might be Founders' #24 (the one with the orange steering wheel), probably heading back to Florida after being serviced.

BTW, looks like a European plate on the gray Roadster to the left.

Last edited:
First Detailed Photos of Founders Series VIN #1 (It's a beautiful-looking machine!)

Intentionally cross-posted from TSLA VIN #1 thread:

I got an extended opportunity to photograph the exterior of Steve Jurvetson's #1 Tesla Production vehicle before and after the 2012 Annual Meeting of Shareholders I attended with my wife at the Computer History Museum (how fitting!) in Mountain View, CA on June 6th, 2012.

After I saw it today I wished I'd reserved a signature for the color.
SIGNATURE RED IS BEAUTIFUL!! THE CAR IS GORGEOUS!!! I COULD NOT FIND ONE EXTERIOR FIT OR FINISH ANOMALY!

Enjoy these photos, everyone!

Photos - Google+

[If you have Google+, please +1, comment and share these photos to help them get broader distribution for viral marketing to help TSLA.]

Note the special engraving on the badging. Also, the "P85" badge reads: "PHASE CURRENT AMPLIFICATION" under it. P85 = Performance 85 Kwh battery.

VIN = 5YJSA1DP8CFF00001

Elon said during the annual meeting the idea was that founders would get their cars, first, to put miles on them to try to find any anomalies so they will be "as perfect as possible" when non-insider customers receive their Model S'. He said he spent the entire weekend with staff going over lots of little details -- stuff a "normal" customer probably wouldn't even notice.

-russ

PS. I'll post my lastest video interview with George Blankenship to another thread.

Last edited: