Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the photos. The color is really nice. But I can see a lot of alignment problems. Or it's just the photos fooling me ....

The initial photos use a Canon Zoom Lens EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 This lens causes distortion because it is so wide-angled. I normally use it to capture as much of a room as possible when shooting interior real estate shots. It was mounted on a Canon EOS Rebel T1i DSLR body.

Later close-up photos used a Canon Zoom Lens EF-S 55-250mm 1:4-5.6 IS (Image Stabilizer) lens mounted on the same body.

- russ

PS. Elon and team want to hear about any alignment problems you see so they can eliminate them. He said during the annual meeting he and the other founder's have already noticed over a 100 minor anomalies that "a normal customer wouldn't see". He worked with the staff over the past weekend to enumerate them and get them eliminated from non-insider customer car production.

PS. Elon and team want to hear about any alignment problems you see so they can eliminate them. He said during the annual meeting he and the other founder's have already noticed over a 100 minor anomalies that "a normal customer wouldn't see". He worked with the staff over the past weekend to enumerate them and get them eliminated from non-insider customer car production.

The most noticeable alignment problems I see is the chrome strips above the doors don't align (one strip higher than the other) with their neighboring strip; which probably means the doors themselves are not aligned correct either. Very noticeable on the driver's side panel photo. Not happy the gaps at the hatchback area where the panels adjoin, appears to have different gap widths between the different panel parts.

Very happy to hear about the attention to quality and thank you for the pic's!

Well, the front hood looks a bit like it isn't completely closed, for example on photo #9. But I've never looked that close at a car's gaps, so I'm not sure which precision to expect.

I'm not too surprised by the badge. Like every car company, they want to have a way to differentiate the battery packs, which in this case could be looked at as trim lines. If you spring for the 85kw battery, you obviously have a more expensive car, hence they badged it so people will know. I will take it off, along with the Model S badge. I prefer a cleaner look.

Thanks for the pics engle! Looks great.

I'd have to really put the car under a microscopic eye to notice the slight mis-alignments people are mentioning.
What I'm seeing so far is an awesome looking car and I hope it operates as well as it looks.

Posted on Tesla's Facebook page. Apparently spotted in Burbank, CA

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339627340.191627.jpg

BTW, I checked in @ Tesla NY today on Foursquare. When I got home I clicked the link from my Facebook wall and found all the pics people have taken there. So foursquare is a good place to monitor for new pics. Here are some stores to watch:

Santana Row
Menlo Park
New York
Westchester, NY

Feel free to add onto the list

*edit* a few more:
Fashion Island
Newport Beach (not much here)
Los Angeles

...thinking on it, this is probably better in the "stores" thread.

Last edited: