Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by the Telsa Store in Menlo Park late last night and noticed a black and a signature red Model S parked in the showroom. I'll be visiting the store today to check them out and will report back.

Sounds like the same two that made an appearance at the Google Earth Day event. Please report on the Red #65 in particular with the cloth interior.

We visited the Santana Row (San Jose) store Sunday to check out the new beta. It really is a step up in fit and finish. However, while driving on Stevens Creek towards 85, a white Model S came out of Santana Row and onto Stevens Creek behind us. That's our second sighting in the "wild."

Don't know it that was your phone, but on the iPhone, up is with the volume controls at the bottom when using the rear facing camera and with them at the top when using the front facing camera (same side as screen). If you're going to send them straight from the phone, you have to pay attention to that.

After I transfer the pics to my PC, I use a lossless rotate utility to quickly set things to right.

Off topic, but this is where the accelerometer can help (auto-rotating photos to the correct orientation).

Hey there. Do you know which beta they have in Santana Row now? When I was there this weekend it was the "old" silver #29.
We received a message Friday night that stated that
Our store's brand new Model S Beta was just delivered from its birthplace at the Tesla Factory! You'll notice fit and finish advances from or last Model S Beta. The Tesla Factory team continues its hard work to ready the entire manufacturing process to build your Model S.

Unfortunately, I didn't check out the VIN.

Probably the betas we've seen a few weeks ago were not meant to stay there. But now they have a resident beta which is newer than the resident one they had before (which might have been from last year). Or something like that.

EDIT: So which color/leather/trim combination does their current beta have?

We have ... hackers??

(You all know making me a mod was an example of Doug's twisted sense of humor. He was tired of how quickly I took things off track. Brilliant move, really. ... but as Nigel pointed out, I only have to behave on my assigned forums. Yay.)

The original Enforcer:

untitled.png