Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
much blue.
25371095562_cd9e3fabac_b.jpg

My daughter just sent me the excellent picture below.

It appears to be a black P90D Ludicrous, with 21" Grey Turbine wheels and panoramic roof. It was on the Cornell campus, heading South on East Avenue, almost at the intersection with Campus Road, shortly after 1:00 PM. If this is your gorgeous car, drop me a PM, as a couple of us in Ithaca are considering trying to get some sort of local owner's group going.

Tesla Cornell Siting March 9 2016.jpg

I know, since I didn't get a picture it didn't happen...but, a couple of days ago, I attended a Cubs spring training game in Mesa. I pulled into the reserved lot to park and the next car to park along side me was a duplicate to my multi-red Model S. The Ho Ho Kam parking attendents were excited to see two such cars, but one after the other was amazing. Needless to say, the Cubs lost!

Yours is very glossy and shiny, do you do something to it, a special wax etc? It looks great and classy.
Midnight Silver keeps nudging Plain white trying to be my favourite Tesla colour.

I had C.Quartz applied to it several months ago, and I just finished washing it before I took this picture. I normally wash it at a place that has the spray wands -- I can do a touchless wash there, and they have the different detergents, spot-free rinse, etc. Then I usually take it over to the vacuum station, hand-dry it with a chamois, clean wheels if they need it after the spray wash, and clean glass inside.

I'm still gun-shy when it comes to wiping the body of the car to make sure I don't scratch it -- I have a box of clean towels and chamois with me when I go so I can change to a new clean one repeatedly.

By the way, those wheels are the T-Sportline 19" in bright silver (winter set). I have a set of the T-Sportline 20" in bright silver on order to become the summer set.

I had C.Quartz applied to it several months ago, and I just finished washing it before I took this picture. I normally wash it at a place that has the spray wands -- I can do a touchless wash there, and they have the different detergents, spot-free rinse, etc. Then I usually take it over to the vacuum station, hand-dry it with a chamois, clean wheels if they need it after the spray wash, and clean glass inside.

I'm still gun-shy when it comes to wiping the body of the car to make sure I don't scratch it -- I have a box of clean towels and chamois with me when I go so I can change to a new clean one repeatedly.

By the way, those wheels are the T-Sportline 19" in bright silver (winter set). I have a set of the T-Sportline 20" in bright silver on order to become the summer set.

That's weird. Your post shows you are replying to a post I made. But its actually a post from another user - 1208. No biggie, I just never saw that before. Interesting.

That's weird. Your post shows you are replying to a post I made. But its actually a post from another user - 1208. No biggie, I just never saw that before. Interesting.

Ya, that's odd, I didn't even notice. I nearly always have trouble with the editor on this forum inserting paragraphs and moving the cursor back to the beginning of the reply when I'm typing, but I haven't seen this issue.

Ya, that's odd, I didn't even notice. I nearly always have trouble with the editor on this forum inserting paragraphs and moving the cursor back to the beginning of the reply when I'm typing, but I haven't seen this issue.

Yeah, that happens here also, about 5 seconds into typing a reply, it jumps back to the beginning. After that I can type as long as I want and it's normal. Kinda annoying.

Yeah, that happens here also, about 5 seconds into typing a reply, it jumps back to the beginning. After that I can type as long as I want and it's normal. Kinda annoying.

Hrm, so it's not just me! I haven't seen this weird jumping around problem as much (at all?) if I "Go Advanced" and finish working on my reply in that environment.