Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of these things is not like the others...

We almost got all three Teslas at my son's school lined up for parent-teacher conference day, and since we didn't plan it this way I'm going to declare it belongs in the "random" thread. :biggrin:

(The silver Model S in the back is mine, and the two in front belong to one of the other families at school. The outlier is my wife's BMW 335d. We were joking about making her move so we could get all the Teslas together.)

IMG_8251.jpg

I believe there was a single intact one donated to the Smithsonian, and a few others that were mechanically and electrically disabled that still exist in a few research labs.

In my twice weekly trip to Detroit, I have had the chance to see and follow a DeLorean, a EV1, even a Ford GT. Around the Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise event, lots of exotic cars. All on the interstates and being driven.

How is it possible an EV1 was seen driving?

I thought GM disabled the few they allowed to be saved by museums and the rest destroyed.
I was wondering the same. The only EV1 that was not disabled was the one given to the Smithsonian, since they only take intact specimens. However, according to Wikipedia, some deactivated EV1s were later reactivated against their agreements.

Saw this one in downtown Vancouver, WA today. What was funny was I had a feeling to look around the parking lot to look for Tesla's when I left the building. I had given up and was getting into my car when I looked up and saw this P85. I saw a black one on SR14 on my way there. The first two Teslas I've seen in weeks.

Tesla160210.jpg

Attachments

• Tesla160210.jpg
    Tesla160210.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited: