Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a Signature Red, non-perf with chrome 21" wheels on Ralston Ave in Belmont this morning. The female driver accelerated away too quickly for a picture. I guess there is a founder living in Belmont or San Carlos.

I don't think there's any way to tell whether a car is non-performance from the outside unless you see the interior (alcantara or carbon fiber). The spoiler and performance wheels are optional--so a perf and non-perf can look the same from the outside. On the other hand, if you see the spoiler or performance wheels, it is performance. (Unless someone traded performance wheels with a non-perf).

I saw a signature red parked on El Camino in Belmont near Ralston a week ago, but it did have performance wheels, so must be a different car. Here is a photo I snapped from my window--I felt uncomfortable getting out of the car to check the VIN.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1346355853.069996.jpg

I don't think there's any way to tell whether a car is non-performance from the outside unless you see the interior (alcantara or carbon fiber). The spoiler and performance wheels are optional--so a perf and non-perf can look the same from the outside. On the other hand, if you see the spoiler or performance wheels, it is performance. (Unless someone traded performance wheels with a non-perf).

I apologize, I saw a car lacking external performance identifiers, including the P85 badge, spoiler and dark wheels.

In other news, there is at least one sheep in Scotland and at least one half of it is black. (From an old engineer, scientist, mathematician joke.)

I could swear I saw a Sig Red Model S headed west on Village Road, West Windsor NJ at about 10 am this morning as I headed east in the Roadster.

Anyone know if one of these is tooling around central NJ already?:confused:

Regular Sig76 is listed on the map for Millburn, but that is north and I don't believe we are that far into production...

I am Sig737 - you'll see me weekly north/west of Newark in Lyndhurst and Madison - some day. ;-)

Regular Sig76 is listed on the map for Millburn, but that is north and I don't believe we are that far into production...

I am Sig737 - you'll see me weekly north/west of Newark in Lyndhurst and Madison - some day. ;-)

Hey, that's a pretty long ride from MD... 85 kWh pack should help there.

The color of the car I saw looked just as in JoshG's photos of Model S F000021. I know the S is styled like some other cars, but this looked spot on for color and shape esp from the back after it passed. (If I weren't headed to the office, I would have made a quick U-turn to confirm and get a photo).

Hey, that's a pretty long ride from MD... 85 kWh pack should help there.

The color of the car I saw looked just as in JoshG's photos of Model S F000021. I know the S is styled like some other cars, but this looked spot on for color and shape esp from the back after it passed. (If I weren't headed to the office, I would have made a quick U-turn to confirm and get a photo).

OT, but 200 miles one way - expect I will make it just under the wire...I am determined to make it work!!!

I was thinking about it, yeah. I just find the gap around the trunk so unattractive on some of the Get Amped cars, where it's both uneven and a bit oversized. Also, those cars have had various issues with panel alignment. The dark color hides all of these issues more effectively. But, I really like the car in white, and I'm fervently hoping that Tesla isn't stringing me along when they say that they're working to make the gaps smaller.

If I were taking delivery in mid-2013, I wouldn't think twice about it, because I'm sure that these issues will be refined out of the cars as production progresses. But, being pretty early in the line means that there's always a risk that they won't have it solved yet. I think they're going to have to have it solved, though, or they're going to get beat up in early reviews.

I'm going to be watching the early deliveries very carefully.