Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted a white Performance model in the Music Concourse Garage at SF Golden Gate Park last night.

WP_20130126_016.jpg

I saw a grey Model S passing us on the Tollway in Dallas yesterday (no pics, sorry :( ) It was around the Forest/Royal/Walnut Hill Exits (i forget which one but it was around that area) Anyone on here in a grey S in Dallas that went South on the Tollway yesterday??:smile:

A friend sighted one between Ridgewood and Cresskill NJ on a Sunday morning two weeks ago. I asked what color but forgot what she told me. Then she said I do not know what all this talk is about on Tesla it looks like an ordinary car.

Must be a new owner that hasn't figured out how to set the mirrors to watch the lines when in reverse.

Quick side story. I have been using the mirrors in reverse and for days I still kept parking crooked by a bit. It was really driving me nuts (I'm kinda anal that way) then one day a coworker and I were looking at the car and realized that I had lined up the left side wheels but since the rear wheel span is wider than the front, the car ends up a bit crooked when backing in (if that makes sense). So. After accounting for that I'm finally getting better:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just saw a white Model S going eastbound on Aviara Parkway here in Carlsbad. It's the 3rd sighting I've had in 3 weeks, all different colors. Will the next be Silver, Green, Grey or Brown?

With the distinctive driving light pattern, you don't even have to be searching these cars out, they just jump out at you...

They're Everywhere!!

There is a story from the early days of the automobile when there were only two automobiles in the state of Kansas. As the story goes, despite the fact that there were only two automobiles in the entire state, the two cars collided with one another.

A little over a week ago I parked my car at lot 6 at LAX. There was only one other Model S when I parked. Six days later, when I returned, there were four others for a total of five. I don't consider this completely random as lot 6 offers free EV parking (ending at the end of next month) and there are EV chargers in this lot.

Then yesterday, I pass a white Model S on Rinaldi in the north San Fernando Valley. This is my first truly random sighting since I received my Model S in October.

Today, just over 24 hours later, I see a blue Model S parked at the Warner Center in Woodland Hills. I take the opportunity to relocate my Model S so that we are parked side by side. I didn't see the other owner and left first so, the other owner likely doesn't know of the encounter.

Two days, two random sightings. For those that don't know the area, I'm referring to the Los Angeles area, which is to say this isn't the same Tesla hotbed that is Silicon Valley (although it is California).

We will know the Model S has reached a meaningful level of penetration when we get our first report of two Model S in the wild colliding with one another. (I don't count the fender bender at the Get Amped Tour as being in the wild.) Something to aspire to! And given that these cars are popping up everywhere...

twotesla.jpg