Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were driving south on I-5 last Friday, headed to Las Vegas, when we saw this Model S (somewhere just north of Harris Ranch). It is my first sighting in the wild (with the exception of the easy pickings at the Supercharger in Folsom). Wonder if this guy just picked it up at the factory and was trailering it home. I also wonder where he was headed that required a trailer. Pretty much everything in So. Cal. can be reached by just driving it home from the factory.

Now I'm just waiting for my first sighting of a Model S with its wheels on the ground.

20130221-131829.jpg

We were driving south on I-5 last Friday, headed to Las Vegas, when we saw this Model S (somewhere just north of Harris Ranch). It is my first sighting in the wild (with the exception of the easy pickings at the Supercharger in Folsom). Wonder if this guy just picked it up at the factory and was trailering it home. I also wonder where he was headed that required a trailer. Pretty much everything in So. Cal. can be reached by just driving it home from the factory.

Now I'm just waiting for my first sighting of a Model S with its wheels on the ground.

View attachment 16953

Could that be a DS en route to a delivery?

View attachment 16953

That's a DS taking a car to an awaiting owner - same exact type of trailer my DS used to deliver my car to me here in WA state. I'm guessing Tesla bought/built a bunch for each service center. Or at least the service centers in states that allow personal delivery.

That's a DS taking a car to an awaiting owner - same exact type of trailer my DS used to deliver my car to me here in WA state. I'm guessing Tesla bought/built a bunch for each service center. Or at least the service centers in states that allow personal delivery.

I don't think they are doing personal delivery in Georgia yet. But the service center has one of those trailers also. I think Tesla just bought a bunch of them for all their service needs.

Ok here is one that is NOT west coast!! lol This is my first Model S sighting ever (outside of the showroom in NYC). This occurred about 30 minutes ago (7:00am) on the EAST COAST in NEW JERSEY heading north on 295 at exit 65. (Note: this is 295 and not NJTurnpike, in other words this was not someone driving through the state from DE to Milford, but rather a local driver! NJ plates too obviously). Sadly, they were only going the speed limit (65mph) you range efficient driver, how dare you? LOL I wonder who this is? Any of you guys?

photo (3).JPG

On Sunday Feb 17 I spotted Beta #59 at Diamond Peak. I wonder where they charged up because I didn't see them at the Hyatt and there's not many public options around there.

There were two betas at the Hyatt after you left. I didn't note the numbers, but I think one of them was #59. Here's a pic of the valet moving one of them (who forgot their charge cable anyway) so that I could plug mine back in. Afterwards, he asked me to point out the charge level on the dashboard - it sounded like the valets were helping the two cars share the one connector.

betacars.jpg

There were two betas at the Hyatt after you left. I didn't note the numbers, but I think one of them was #59. Here's a pic of the valet moving one of them (who forgot their charge cable anyway) so that I could plug mine back in. Afterwards, he asked me to point out the charge level on the dashboard - it sounded like the valets were helping the two cars share the one connector.
Nice, impromptu Tesla convention at the Hyatt. Good to see some employees getting a bit of R&R.

I wasn't fast enough to get a pic, but at 18:45 tonight here in Albuquerque I saw a dark colored S (could have been black, blue, or green) going eastbound on Alameda under I-25 as I was going west. I noticed the distinctive headlights, then the taillights after it passed. It still had the "Zero Emissions" tag. Are you on TMC?