Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps not completely random...
image.jpg

At the Texas Capitol yesterday.
edit: well, that was posted direct from my phone. Sorry it's upside-down!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife was driving our Gray MS today out of the ToysRUs next to King of Prussia mall today and spotted a Blue MS with (she thinks) MA plates, and a very excited driver waving to her. No pictures :( but I am posting because I'm curious if it's a board member and what a MA driver is doing shopping at KoP!

Saw a blue with gray wheels passing my blue 85 in the opposite direction on Beacon St in Somerville MA Thursday morning around 9:45. May be the same Performance I've seen parked at Porter Square shopping center. Very few out and about in Cambridge/Boston area.

Adding these pics of a signature red. While I see them every day here around Menlo Park, the random part is that this one is for sale!

Parked at the side of the road in Woodside, the for sale sign said: $95,000, 1,400 miles, "biggest battery", plus a phone number. I looked at the VIN, it's 5YJSA1DNXCFS00827.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Parked at the side of the road in Woodside, (CA?) the for sale sign said: $95,000, 1,400 miles, "biggest battery", plus a phone number (650-851-5096). I looked at the VIN, it's 5YJSA1DNXCFS00827.

VIN Decoding for prospective buyers:
  • Tesla Manufacturer
  • Model S
  • Body Type A
  • Manual Type 2 USA Seat Belts, Dual Front Airbags, Front/Rear Side Airbags, Knee Airbags
  • 20 kW Charger, w/DC Fast Charge
  • Base A/C Motor, Tier 7 Battery (81-90 kWh)
  • (Check Digit X)
  • 2012 production
  • Fremont, CA
  • Signature series
  • # 00827

Summary from VIN + pictures:
  • Sig # 00827, Non-Perf
  • Sig Red
  • Silver 21" wheels
  • not Black interior (I think White, but maybe Tan)
  • Pano Roof
  • Might be Obeche dash (hard to tell from the picture, but doesn't look Piano Black)

Last edited:
Yeah, iPhone 4 camera not that great. Maybe with some image enhancement one could make out the options and pricing on the invoice that is taped to the for sale sign.
Educated guesses at the invoice picture, using my the Preliminary Quote for my vehicle as a guide:
Model S Signature$95,400.00
Signature Red Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof$1,500.00
21" Silver Wheels
Tan Signature Interior
Obeche Wood Matte Decor
85 kWh battery
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Active Air Suspension
Parcel Shelf
Paint Armor$950.00