Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sighting in Vienna

I'm in Vienna on family vacation, missing my car. Somehow that loaded 5 series station wagon seems so utterly... unexciting.

We were on our way to the Spanish Riding School (my daughters love horses), riding the streetcar, when I noticed a familiar looking car out of the corner of my eyes. We jumped off the tram at the next stop, backtracked and there it was. A beautiful white P85, clearly a store owned car from Munich (it appears from their website that Tesla has only a virtual presence in Vienna).

We took pictures, trying to identify the person who matched with the car but couldn't spot anyone so we walked on.
pu8y4upu.jpg

bu2usuma.jpg

y3ymypyq.jpg

A few blocks later we spotted another car marked Tesla :)

eqapume4.jpg

Proper etiquette when meeting another Tesla on the road... relax, smile, and wave hello!

So if you meet another Tesla owner on the road and you pop your lights, run along side, and flash the peace sign as you cruse by -- Wave back! I ran along with this guy in the brown Model S, dodging in out of traffic together, passing each other in various lanes (West bound on 26 for about 5 minutes) and he didn't give me the time of day. Maybe I initially came up on his tail a little quicker than he liked, maybe I intimidated him (didn't mean to). Or if he was in a hurry, pissed at sharing the road with me, trying to out run me, or what.

IMG_4111.jpg

I think we're all on the same team. ;)

EDIT: But man did his brown Model S look good running in low height along the freeway!

Last edited:
Bumped into another owner (Black 85kWh with perf. wheels) at a take out place near home. We exchanged greetings but he was in a hurry to get dinner back to VA while it was still hot so there were no formal introductions. If you're on the forum, "Hi, I'm Jeff!"

Strange Model S Sighting Today

Outside SF, heading south on 101 around 3:45pm. Signature Red. Nothing out of the ordinary, until I saw the car had parking sensors in the factory positions and fog lights. I also noticed the rear turn signal blinked amber. Did early cars do this? I thought it was just European cars.

Anybody here? Factory car maybe?

I see other Teslas not quite every day in Portland, OR at this point, but it's definitely multiple each week.

The Tesla parking at Washington Square mall was full today (!!), so I had to park with the commoners.

By chance, I saw a car begin to back out of a spot - a red Tesla S! I tried waving, but I don't think they were looking. :smile:

Anyway, I took their spot. How often does that happen?

I was headed out Thursday evening to go retrieve my other vehicle from the dealership (BF used it to pick up his truck that had been repaired and left my poor little Genesis alone at the Chevy dealer :scared:), and as I turned onto 38th Ave in St Pete, he said "hey, check it out!". There was a dark blue MS just like mine 2 cars ahead. Oddly, it pulled into a gas station on the corner. Guessing they just needed a bottle of water or quick windshield wash?

Outside SF, heading south on 101 around 3:45pm. Signature Red. Nothing out of the ordinary, until I saw the car had parking sensors in the factory positions and fog lights. I also noticed the rear turn signal blinked amber. Did early cars do this? I thought it was just European cars.

Someone from Europe taking "California Delivery"?! :) Wonder if that's actually an option for Europeans (the reverse of BMW's European Delivery program); can Calif. hit them with sales tax still?!

The Tesla parking at Washington Square mall was full today (!!), so I had to park with the commoners.

By chance, I saw a car begin to back out of a spot - a red Tesla S! I tried waving, but I don't think they were looking. :smile:

Anyway, I took their spot. How often does that happen?

It's beginning to happen a lot now. Last three visits in 10 days it's been full for us.

Parking sensors are now an option in the USA. The floor model in the Los Angeles show room (Century City) I saw last week had them.

Yes, but the amber rear turn signal? I thought all US models (sadly) had red read turn signals. Or did this also change? Can someone check at one of the stores with a new Model S with parking sensors if they now have amber turn signals?

Yes, but the amber rear turn signal? I thought all US models (sadly) had red read turn signals. Or did this also change? Can someone check at one of the stores with a new Model S with parking sensors if they now have amber turn signals?

Yes please. Not aware if my local stores have a new copy yet. I'm also 99% positive the turn signal repeater did not say "Signature" on it. It definitely wasn't multi-coat Red. The car also had no capacity designation, just "Model S" on the rear and no plates.

Oh boy. I already want the parking sensor retro-fit, but if there is an amber rear indicator option I'll take that too! Where do I sign? :D

Two random La Jolla, California sightings in past 24 hours.

First one was parked at the VONS grocery store Sunday night -- blue Model S with the turbine 21" wheels.

t1.jpg

Second one was also a blue, this time this morning, on Herschel Ave. 19" wheels:

t2.jpg

Since I have a blue on order, seeing blue S's in La Jolla is particularly interesting to me. I kinda wonder if I should be getting the Multi-Coat Red... the blue is so dark from most angles and in most lighting situations it looks black! But I do like the blue/tan combo...