Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few sightings today...

Blue P85 w/california tags and hov stickers at Hamilton
Black P85 (I think...) there also, right before I left, with Flordia tags.

White P85 on I-295 SB around 2:15 MM 40ish. Waved and beeped. :p

GymTesla.jpg

At the gym in Sarasota

this thread is getting uncomfortably STALKY.

i mean, it was fun at first when Model S's were rare. but now a dude can't even work out at LA Fitness without being photographed and blasted all over the internet.

i don't know... just doesn't seem right anymore. might be time to shut it down.

I saw seven different Teslas (including one Roadster) within 15 minutes in Southlake, Texas. It's the most I've ever seen outside a planned event.

Maybe Southlake Town Square will get a Gallery faster than we expected -- and eliminate one more reason to go to Dallas. ;)

Met a black southbound MS on A1A in Flagler Co., FL the other day (I was northbound). Flashed my lights but got no response. By the way, how prevalent is flashing of lights between MS owners? I remember during the 70's when BMWs were rare that BMWs almost always flashed each other. Is that type of camaraderie now passé' ?

Well... not for me. But if someone doesn't like me flashing my lights, go ahead and honk your horn. :)

Proposal. Let's stop reporting Model S from the US and Norway.
Elsewhere they are still less common.
Proposal to amend proposal.
Let's stop reporting Model S sightings from California, Seattle, and Norway. Elsewhere, each person is allotted two reports per month.
I still want to be allowed to express my excitement when I spot one in Michigan, since I average one sighting every few months (probably less now that I'm driving instead of carpooling) and have yet to have some kind of two-way interaction.

Let's stop reporting Model S sightings from California, Seattle, and Norway. Elsewhere, each person is allotted two reports per month.
I still want to be allowed to express my excitement when I spot one in Michigan, since I average one sighting every few months (probably less now that I'm driving instead of carpooling) and have yet to have some kind of two-way interaction.

I think those who live in lands where Model S is prevalent don't necessarily understand how rare they still are. I just did a 2,200 mile round trip between St. Louis and Orlando (in my ICE, unfortunately, the Supercharger-enabled route would have more than doubled the driving time until next year) and only saw 2 the entire way -- one outside of Atlanta (gray) and one at the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express (DE tags, P30xxx) in Cocoa Beach when we arrived. Those traveling with us said there was a red one at the Disney cruise terminal, I suspect it was that multi-coat red I saw.

Contrast this with my business trips to San Jose where I see at least 8 daily (or more if I count them in my employer's parking lot).

Went to lunch today here in Wilkesboro, NC. 10 min later the owner came over and said, there is a Tesla owner over there and want's to meet you. I walked over and introduced myself. He was from Winston Salem. He and wife were headed to Beech Mt. for holiday. He was plugged in topping off. His S was almost like mine. Met Grey.

IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2276.JPG

crop Tesla.jpg

Driving up 421

Last night, as I was headed to the parking lot after watching my son's Summer Theater performance, I noticed a crowd around my car. There were three families circling around it. As I walked up to join them the door handles came out. One of the guys turns to me with this look of awe and says "You must be the owner, I've never seen one in real life before. It's beautiful." There were maybe a dozen people of all ages there, from teens to grand parents, and not one of them had ever seen one before. I still have only caught a glimpse of just one here in mid-Michigan, so if I ever see another one I'll be posting here.

On the last day of two weeks in Europe starting with three days each in London and Paris, we turned a corner in the old city area of Arles in Provence to find this P85. Our first and only Tesla sighting. Great to see Tesla penetrating this far into the regions but hope to see more on my next trip - especially in London and Paris.
adyneny4.jpg

Just returned from a riverboat cruise of the Rhine and Moselle rivers. At each stop I would look for a Model S. It was not until we ended in Amsterdam that I saw one,. In fact I saw two Model S's and one Roadster, and saw one of the Tesla stores thru the bus window. Sorry I didn't have the camera ready for pictures, with the exception of the Roadster which I came across while on a walk. It was charging while parked on the street. I will not post its picture since it is not a Model S sighting (and I probably couldn't figure out how to do it anyway).

In Seattle, within one city block, in an out of the way neighborhood, two Sig Reds and one Pearl white all drive by each other on a narrow road.

Only the Sigs and Roadsters seem to wave back anymore. I imagine that if you waved at all them every day you'd get carpal tunnel syndrome.