Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been traveling for business for the last month and a half to Greenwich, CT.

First two time, flew into White Plains/Westchester, last two times flew into LGA.
Running total of MSs I have spotted per each day trip: one, three, three and another one today.
Have seen a dark blue one each time.

Second trip, I parked right next to one, and then spotted another one parked on my walk to the building (actually took pics of both of those).
All the rest were spatted while I was driving in traffic.

AND I would mention the number of MS I saw during my trip to the West Coast (South Bay by San Jose/Fremont/Palo Alto and Mid-coast area /Cambria and points North) a couple of weeks ago, but I literally lost count after seeing 40 or so.

I have been traveling for business for the last month and a half to Greenwich, CT.

First two time, flew into White Plains/Westchester, last two times flew into LGA.
Running total of MSs I have spotted per each day trip: one, three, three and another one today.
Have seen a dark blue one each time.

Second trip, I parked right next to one, and then spotted another one parked on my walk to the building (actually took pics of both of those).
All the rest were spatted while I was driving in traffic.

There are A LOT of Model Ss in Greenwich. I think the reg data said there were 87 at last count, so it's got to be at least 100 by now. They are so common that pretty much nobody waves at each other anymore. I'll see a few to several every day.

LoL Rick, is this Lightning that I saw last night on 2nd St. N. in downtown St. Petersburg? My spidey sense told me there was a Model S in the area. And voila.
image.jpg

Last edited:
You know what's freaky about that? It looks like Lightning but it isn't! That picture looks like it's next to Midtown which is right across the street from where I work. But my car was safely inside the parking garage for most of the evening while I was at the baseball game. I guess Lightning has a twin in St. Pete.

After some further thought - there was a guy with a silver one at Cars & Coffee last month but I didn't get to talk to him. Maybe he'll be there again next week and we can compare notes.

You know what's freaky about that? It looks like Lightning but it isn't! That picture looks like it's next to Midtown which is right across the street from where I work. But my car was safely inside the parking garage for most of the evening while I was at the baseball game. I guess Lightning has a twin in St. Pete.

After some further thought - there was a guy with a silver one at Cars & Coffee last month but I didn't get to talk to him. Maybe he'll be there again next week and we can compare notes.

Are you sure Brad didn't take it for a quick spin to get his Tesla fix? :wink: I know he was pretty psyched.

I was kinda waiting for you to come around the corner waving your hands in the air trying to flag me down. Cause that's what I would've done if I spotted another S stopped in the middle of the road to snap a photo. :biggrin:

It's crazy. Even with little lighting on a dark road, the S still sticks out like a sore thumb. A beautiful sore thumb that is.

Last edited:
Spotted a gray 60 with PA plates at the Wave parking garage in Atlantic City when I got back.

They have 6 Chargepoint 30A J1772 stations there, pretty much the only charging in Atlantic City besides a few 120V outlets in other garages.

spotted60.jpg

spotted60a.jpg

I'd assume I was spotted as well... lol. (I'm the blue in the top picture)