Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not so random, but I had to share somewhere. 5 Hungarian Model S's at Hungaroring (home of the Hungarian Formula One Grand Prix)

20150317_152455.jpg

Just had my best sighting ever! :biggrin:

This was at 5pm, as I was leaving day 1 of Android certification training at the office of a contractor I work with. Next to I-75, south of Maple. Could this be the same black one I keep seeing in the area? This is the first one that I not only had the opportunity to take a non-dashcam picture, but that I could stare at as long as I desired (to avoid being creepy, not long). Mine is the one on the other side of the grass.

IMG_20150319_170107.jpg

Looks like this is, of course, the car of funtech on TMC, who is also in the Michigan club. Congrats on making it to the sightings thread!

Last edited:
That's my parking spot at my office.

So, where did your user name originate from?
I wasn't originally parked there, but noticed your car when I pulled out and turned that direction. Just had to jump to that spot and get a pic. I'll be going for that spot from now on for the rest of the training (Thursdays 1-5), so you can get your own pic of our cars.

Already replied to the name question in PM, but since you asked in public...
Long story short: I ... came up with the name when I joined the MSN Gaming Zone in 99 to play Flight Simulator 98 online. The 51 was based on Area 51. The name just stuck.

Saw my seventh Tesla this last Sunday – a white or possibly pearl white Models S. Around threeish in the vicinity of Jägersro (a part of Malmö in the south of Sweden). We met in opposite lanes. Was driving at work and having a somewhat heated discussion with a co-worker in the passenger seat, so I didn't get any more details.

Over 20 months of ownership, RANDOM sightings of other Teslas in my neck of the woods averaged once a month until 3 or 4 months ago. Then, I started seeing them about once every couple of weeks. Over the last 4 days, I spotted 3 - all on A1A. Don't know if they were locals, visitors or just passing through, but boy, we're getting crowded around here.

Just passed a dark (possibly gray, possibly green--it was quick, and dusk, and the car was a little dirty, and I was so shocked I didn't get a good look) Model S heading east on Buffalo Street, towards Route 13, in Ithaca. We were not driving ours. I say "shocked" because I thought I knew of the other two Model Ss in Ithaca and neither are that color. (One is white and one is signature red.) Wondering if this one was just passing through, or if there's a new Model S in town. We did not identify the badge on the back. (My wife was driving and literally locked the doors when we came to a stop at a light to prevent me from getting out and chasing it on foot.)

Passed what may very well have been this car again this evening in Ithaca. I didn't get a much better look at it this time, but I think it is grey metallic. It was headed into downtown Ithaca, travelling north on Route 96B, at around 7:10 PM. We were again, not driving the Model S, and I again could not convince my wife to turn around so we could attempt to get a better look and see the badge.

My daughter may have seen this car last Friday, up near the Cornell campus. She called to tell me about it. She thought it was black, but wasn't sure. (The grey metallic is pretty dark.)

Saw a Grey P85D yesterday in Columbus, Ohio. I was in my Roadster driving in the right lane of the highway. The Model S passes me. I don' think the owner even knew I was in a Tesla too as they did not acknowledge me. Would have been fun to compare the acceleration of the cars.

Saw this at almost exactly the same time and place as the one I saw on Oct. 12. No doubt the same one.
what kind of dashcam is that? quality looks pretty good. been searching around for a good one...

- - - Updated - - -

also, saw a white MS (either P85+ or P85D) with 21 inch grey wheels and CF spoiler yesterday parked at the lazy dog restaurant in brea. i was drooling over it -- same exact combo i will be getting. was a nice reminder of why the wait will be worth it!

what kind of dashcam is that? quality looks pretty good. been searching around for a good one...
Mobius. It's great for the price. Though, what sold me to it was its support for OTG connection on Android, so may not be worth it if you don't have an Android phone.

Review: http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/7/8/the-mobius-camera-the-do-it-all-mount-anywhere-1080p-micro-c.html
The one I bought from Amazon: Amazon.com : 1080p Mobius ActionCam HD Camera Standard Edition : Sports And Action Video Cameras : Camera Photo
Dash cam kit I bought for it: Amazon.com : Mobius ActionCam Dash Camera Kit For Car DVR By Novotm : Tripod Camera Mounts : Camera Photo
64GB microSDXC: Amazon.com: G.Skill 64GB Micro SDXC Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter (FF-TSDXC64GA-U1): Computers Accessories

Last one for the month. This was on WB Walton, just east of Livernois. I only take that road when I need to carpool my brother. In this case, his Ford Explorer was in the shop since Wednesday and he finally got it back today. He wants a Tesla so he doesn't have to deal with all the maintenance.
2015-03-31_model-s-sighting-28.png

Was behind this beauty Friday on 38th ave in St Pete.

image.jpg

Today I found this next to me (mine is the one with the door open, since I hopped out to grab a pic real fast) when I came out of Fresh Market on Henderson in Tampa

image.jpg