Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla showcased a Model X (and few Model S) at Launch Festival in San Francisco. I was luck to spend some time looking closely at the car.
KjcpYyd.jpg
Old software tho since it is missing "umbrella mode" or "low ceiling mode (china customers?)"

Darn near got a heart attack from excitement after seeing my first X today! This was on I-5 in downtown Seattle as I had just landed for a business trip. My "X" Ray vision is always looking and I knew there were more delivered in Seattle than my home state of GA! Interestingly enough my passenger said "that is surprisingly small for an CUV/SUV." I felt that way as well but knowing the dimensions I know those lines play mind games and it's quite the sizable beast.

My first impression from the backside was that it looked a little too frumpy and not as sexy as I had hoped. But, as we passed it and I got a glimpse of the front and side profile it changed from frumpy to gorgeous!
IMG_1684.JPG
IMG_1687.JPG
IMG_1688.JPG
IMG_1689.JPG

Last edited:
Darn near got a heart attack from excitement after seeing my first X today! This was on I-5 in downtown Seattle as I had just landed for a business trip. My "X" Ray vision is always looking and I knew there were more delivered in Seattle than my home state of GA! Interestingly enough my passenger said "that is surprisingly small for an CUV/SUV." I felt that way as well but knowing the dimensions I know those lines play mind games and it's quite the sizeable beast.

My first impression from the backside was that it looked a little too frumpy and not as sexy as I had hoped. But, as we passed it and I got a glimpse of the front and side profile it changed from frumpy to gorgeous!

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Your pictures didn't post

The thing I still find a little odd about the X front fascia is how the leading edge of the hood is curved yet the bottom of the emblem gap is mostly straight. Owning a Model S, it makes me feel like they just got rid of the nose cone but left the hood the same shape, which feels unfinished to me. I can certainly appreciate a grill-less front end like some sports cars off the 90s (MR2 or RX7), so I wish they had smoothed that transition from the leading edge of the hood to front fascia a bit more.
I'm fairly certain it is not 'the same shape'... I've not seen the car in person yet, but I've seen the front end in numerous colors and from multiple angles in photos. If you look closely, you'll see the 'mostly straight' area of the chrome surround is shaped similarly to what is on the Model S... But on the Model X it surrounds an opening, not a bulbous black piece of plastic. I actually love the grille-less front end because it reminds me of cars like RX-7, MR-2, Corvette, and a few Ferrari vehicles.

Just reposted them.
Yeah, in silver the Model X looks like an alien spacecraft/transport...

Clatu Verata Nictu...

Earlier this week, I saw a white Model X charging at the Ann Arbor, MI supercharger. It was a Founder's edition with a VIN below 100. It had MI (not CA) manufacturer plates. I wonder if a Detroit 3 manufacturer managed to somehow pull off a straw purchase from someone in the referral program:
image.jpeg