Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry to say your October 18 vehicle has been in a crash:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 351
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 312
Not mtebbe's. His has black seats and 20" wheels.

Not the October 18 vehicle. This is an earlier mule as can be determined by the hacked together tail lights.

Same plate number - or is that a common manufacturer number?

Was it really dented, or are those just distortions from the various reflecting surfaces through windows with glare? Hard to tell.

As I am looking at new X front, I cannot figure out where is the front license plate supposed to be mounted? Why is this, required by law, design element totally ignored by current S and new X design? Front looks beautiful without license plate so we all drive without it (me guilty too) and risk getting a ticket. I would like to see a design where license plate is integrated into the front design (nose cone or not), where you want the plate to be installed because it looks good.

What's with the license plate frame that says "All Wheel Drive"?
I believe it's a response to the people who didn't understand that "dual motors" means All Wheel Drive. Elon mentioned somewhere that many people didn't understand that relationship. So when they revealed the "D", by not using the accustomed existing ICE terminology, Tesla confused the masses. This would seem to be a step in correcting that.

As I am looking at new X front, I cannot figure out where is the front license plate supposed to be mounted? Why is this, required by law, design element totally ignored by current S and new X design? Front looks beautiful without license plate so we all drive without it (me guilty too) and risk getting a ticket. I would like to see a design where license plate is integrated into the front design (nose cone or not), where you want the plate to be installed because it looks good.

Rules on front license plates vary by state. Here in Nevada, you are required to display a front plate only if there is a bracket on which to mount it. Our Toyota Matrix had the bracket and plate, but the way the plate hung down low made it get all bent up every time we took it through a car wash. So I removed the bracket and plugged the holes. It's totally legal. The second plate is required to be kept with the car if not displayed, so it's in the trunk.

It's unfortunate that some states absolutely require a front plate, but I am glad that Telsa does not base their design around such a sometime-requirement, especially as plate sizes are not uniform around the world.

Last edited:
As I am looking at new X front, I cannot figure out where is the front license plate supposed to be mounted? Why is this, required by law, design element totally ignored by current S and new X design?
There's plenty of space, it's not difficult to install at or near delivery. Here in Nanny State Ontario, we have front and back plates required. What I found funny was that Tesla asked me to sign a notice saying I DO want a front plate installed to ensure my car is road legal.

I'm definitly going to paint some Shark Teeth on Mine....Only wish they had it in Teal "Go Sharks" :smile:

Tesla-Model-X-review-Model-S-owner-740x425.jpg
fangface1.jpg

Not quite a shark but it was stuck in my mind I guess :tongue:

I do think the Model X looks fantastic really... looking forward (well, somewhat as a current owner haha) to the MS redesign, curious to know if nose cone is going the way of the X. So like where's the tow cable and battery hookup on the X anyway ?