Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stopped by the supercharger in Hawthorne at the design studio. And saw Elon drive by in a golf cart with someone talking loud enough for me and my sister to recognize his voice. And then he had an employee pull up his model x to plug in to supercharge. I have pics. It was F00001. Elons. And it was exactly the same one posted above in Costa Mesa.

Just stopped by the supercharger in Hawthorne at the design studio. And saw Elon drive by in a golf cart with someone talking loud enough for me and my sister to recognize his voice. And then he had an employee pull up his model x to plug in to supercharge. I have pics. It was F00001. Elons. And it was exactly the same one posted above in Costa Mesa.

Lucky you ;). Are you going to post the pics?!

wow... that is the most random sighting of likely the world's most anticipated car... I would have expected malibu (happened), crystal cove, palisades, the strand, etc...

Left my apartment in Costa Mesa, CA this morning only to find this Model X stopped outside. I was stunned. The driver told me it was the first one off the line... Elon's car?

First time I have ever been left 'star struck' by a car. It's just beautiful in person.

View attachment 100791

Is that 4 red Model S or X in a row there on the factory line behind the display?

Untitled.png

Left my apartment in Costa Mesa, CA this morning only to find this Model X stopped outside. I was stunned. The driver told me it was the first one off the line... Elon's car?
Hmmm...why would Elon's X be in Costa Mesa at an apartment complex, 40 miles south of his LA home? Or maybe Tallulah is visiting a friend.
Pretty awesome sighting.

Last edited:
Those are red protective panels they put on during final assembly. The actual body colors look to be lighter, and all are Model S.
I think you're right timf. I don't see any X's. Too low a roofline.

- - - Updated - - -

Or loaned his car to someone. He has loaned out his S and more recently, the X, for public drive events.
Could it be in the hands of a magazine or website for testing?

Great shots! Thanks for taking them.
Can anybody tell how much higher off the ground the X is than the S. Trying to get an idea on both ground clearance at "normal" setting as well as the seats. Love the S but the seats and driving position are pretty low for a guy who has driven SUVs for decades until I got the S. Love my S but keeping my place in line for the X to have options.

Nice photos - thanks. Are those circles in the VIN photo the defroster vents? Different design from the S with the horizontal slats. I liked the look of the original S design with no slats but unfortunately it didn't defrost the windows. These circles may be the happy medium?