Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice photos - thanks. Are those circles in the VIN photo the defroster vents? Different design from the S with the horizontal slats. I liked the look of the original S design with no slats but unfortunately it didn't defrost the windows. These circles may be the happy medium?

Noticed that too ..think it's just a reflection of the lights in the canopy above

Nice photos - thanks. Are those circles in the VIN photo the defroster vents? Different design from the S with the horizontal slats. I liked the look of the original S design with no slats but unfortunately it didn't defrost the windows. These circles may be the happy medium?

I think those "circles" are reflections of the SuperCharger ceiling. They're the lights from the SuperCharger ceiling.

Just stopped by the supercharger in Hawthorne at the design studio. And saw Elon drive by in a golf cart with someone talking loud enough for me and my sister to recognize his voice. And then he had an employee pull up his model x to plug in to supercharge. I have pics. It was F00001. Elons. And it was exactly the same one posted above in Costa Mesa.

Wait... So Elon is Local charging at a supercharger? For shame, Elon! For shame! lol.

Too soon! ;-)

Never too soon... until Tesla cleans this mess up! The X is almost 4 years in the making, and currently from a charging capability perspective, it's inferior to both the Roadster and the S. I hope they offer a 2nd on board charger at some point (if there is physical room for it) or allow owners who get the 48A charger to upgrade (no charge) to the originally intended 72A. The car of the future cannot live in the past IMHO...

Never too soon... until Tesla cleans this mess up! The X is almost 4 years in the making, and currently from a charging capability perspective, it's inferior to both the Roadster and the S. I hope they offer a 2nd on board charger at some point (if there is physical room for it) or allow owners who get the 48A charger to upgrade (no charge) to the originally intended 72A. The car of the future cannot live in the past IMHO...

Let's not jump to conclusions based on rumors. I sat in Elon's car on the reveal and recall seeing the charging screen having an option of 72A. That's doesn't mean that I know it has that charging capability, but it's an indicator that maybe we don't know the facts here.

Let's not jump to conclusions based on rumors. I sat in Elon's car on the reveal and recall seeing the charging screen having an option of 72A. That's doesn't mean that I know it has that charging capability, but it's an indicator that maybe we don't know the facts here.

One of the Founder owners has stated that the Founders series has a 72Amp onboard charger.

There is a huge thread devoted to this over on the battery/charging section on this forum. I liked the jab about the 48A charger and the "too soon" comment following, so I replied to those comments. If you spend a great deal of time on this site scouring for new info, like I do, then you are up to speed with the the 48A charging scenario. It's a good read with alot of insightful comments from the TMC community.

It has been confirmed from multiple sig reservation holders that their Model X will only have 48A on board charging. They heard this directly from Tesla (it's in that big thread). What happens from here on out is anyone's guess.

Totally kidding. I'm an X reservation holder (was seq #3984 before they went to reservation dates) and have been following along very closely. Just trying to add some levity to this grim predicament. Quite frustrated that Tesla is trying so hard to get me to cancel my reservation actually. Ugh.

Totally kidding. I'm an X reservation holder (was seq #3984 before they went to reservation dates) and have been following along very closely. Just trying to add some levity to this grim predicament. Quite frustrated that Tesla is trying so hard to get me to cancel my reservation actually. Ugh.

I hear ya man! Me too. I'm trying to be optimistic, and I appreciate some humor and light-heartedness as it relates to the X. It's been a long long wait! I'm just baffled, though, at the amount of miscommunication between Tesla and their customers. The 48A charging is just one example. The lack of transparency as it relates to specs/cost since the launch of the Model X bothers me.

Anyone have a few pictures of a Blue X with the white interior taken from inside the car? Or at last standing right outside? Jen-Hsun's car .. but a bit closer up? We're trying to decide between the white and tan interiors and I can't seem to find the angle I want.

Via reddit, Elon on the road.

elonx.png