Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
905a34123a2782fa3d8b73dcebaa9ee8.jpg
0d9a7020dc7227238a5a0f3a341afe52.jpg

24fc1638cd5fc4feb1229ecb551665a8.jpg
087d56d1314b1849a32fc854007925bb.jpg
2d72e640e4719ede06da43b42b2d8801.jpg

Well, not exactly random, but a couple of shots from the 'Meet the Model X' event at the factory tonight.
Hope some of the others got better shots with a real camera!

I'm sorry that my ambiguity has thrown the thread off a bit. For clarity, I am a hominin (also a hominid) who lived approximated 150,000 - 2 million years ago. While I'm not very large, I'm certainly bigger than my predecessors. I couldn't possibly match your mental capacity (as my TMC posts make clear), but you can probably thank my lineage for your cranial size due to encephalization during my reign.
At first I thought you were H. neanderthalensis but now I'm thinking H. erectus.
Love all the X photos in this thread!

At first I thought you were H. neanderthalensis but now I'm thinking H. erectus.
Love all the X photos in this thread!
Neanderthal only existed up until 200,000 years ago. Ohmman says he is 150,000 to 2,000,000 years ago. So yes, that makes Homo erectus most likely. Though there were many species of hominids living at the same time together, the image Ohmman uses is one of Turkana Boy who is a remarkable specimen should you choose to google him. Of note, there was a 40,000 year period where H. sapiens and Neandethal lived side by side in Europe and Asia. And there was some wild sex going on between humans and Neanderthals. Not just a little sex, but DNA points to a lot of sex! In fact, nearly every person on this planet now has about 2% to 4% Neanderthal genes. The only true 100% H. sapiens would have to reside around Eritrea and Ethiopia and their ancestors would never have left Africa. Two people living only blocks away from each other in Ethiopia are likely more genetically diverse than say you, an average American or European, and say, an Inuit, or you and a Laotian. In this time, we humans are the only species of bi-pedals that exist. Years past there were many actually sharing this planet together.

Umeshunni's final pic in post #1421 shows in the background a kiosk entitled "Craftsmanship Studio". Has anyone information about that?

It's much bigger than a Kiosk :). This seems to be where they work on tweaks to the cars and then update the line with new instructions, etc. I meant to ask about the carbon hood on the X, but by then the two engineers by the skateboard had left or gone elsewhere.

There was the one X and several S's in various states of undress in the studio there.

Peter+

Spotted a Model X in Hawthorne's Design Center guest parking...

Not that it is evident in the photograph... definitely Pearl White. It had a "luminescence" that was evident compared to the White Model S a few stalls down.

That was mine. Wife "let me" drive it yesterday. It's pretty fun to drive. The massive windshield, the FWD, the height. I'm starting to prefer it over my S!

How did Audi got hold of a X?
First it was a joke.

Second, they could have had someone that works for them get an early reservation and then ship it over. Likely? Who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

905a34123a2782fa3d8b73dcebaa9ee8.jpg
0d9a7020dc7227238a5a0f3a341afe52.jpg

24fc1638cd5fc4feb1229ecb551665a8.jpg
087d56d1314b1849a32fc854007925bb.jpg
2d72e640e4719ede06da43b42b2d8801.jpg

Well, not exactly random, but a couple of shots from the 'Meet the Model X' event at the factory tonight.
Hope some of the others got better shots with a real camera!
Thanks for the photos umeshunni! Looks like it was a really fun event!

The German registration number starts with IN, which is for cars registered in Ingolstadt, where Audi happen to be headquartered. So maybe Audi got their hands on one and are testing it? If it was Tesla testing it on the Autobahn I would have expected it to be Dutch registered.

Why would you expect Dutch registration for Autobahn testing? The Autobahn is in Germany as is the Nürburgring, though I'm not sure why they would care about a Nürburgring time.

Why would you expect Dutch registration for Autobahn testing? The Autobahn is in Germany as is the Nürburgring, though I'm not sure why they would care about a Nürburgring time.

I'm guessing because Tesla has an assembly plant in Tilburg, Netherlands, staffed with engineers and top tier service techs. It would make sense to be the place Tesla would send a test vehicle, not Germany. It's a short drive to Germany from there.

My money is on the "Audi bought a Signature X, shipped it to Germany and registered it in Ingolstadt" theory. After all, just about every automotive manufacturer has admitted to buying a Model S to study in the past.