Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Surprised it was on an open carrier.
I was also surprised when my DS told me that my Model X was delivered by open carrier. More verification that Tesla Motors does use the 8 car carriers.

Guess I can disregard what one Fremont Tesla employee in the past told me: "We would never put a Model X on an 8 car carrier."

(Tip: Check your wheels for scrapes when you take delivery.)

Excellent! I have yet to see one out and about except Kittylitter's (sig red) when he showed it off to a bunch of folks over a month ago. That makes at least four, including Blurry_eyed's blue in Kirkland.

Every Silver one I see makes me like it more!

I spotted a titanium one in Maltby yesterday so it looks like all the colors are here in the PNW. My wife confirmed her configuration this week, so all we can do more is wait.

Another random MX sighting: Tesla Motors on Twitter:

Not so random, but great clip! ..tweeted out by Tesla Motors itself! Small victory lap no doubt, to hush the skeptics. Well deserved too as they've been taking A LOT of flack lately about the over-designed and seemingly-unnecessary feature. I believe FWD utility will be realized by many pretty soon! Only time will tell if they are designed for longevity and reliability however, which will make or break their propagation, but this is a welcome sign!

While dropping of my Model S for service this morning at the Buena Park, CA service center, I stumbled upon a Model X reservation holders event. There were 5 or 6 there. My sales advisor let me take pictures sit in one etc.

They look amazing in person - I love the front. Ventilated seats are awesome, the white interior is too "2001" stark for my taste, but somehow fitting. The interior is more space ship than the model S. The front window is freaky weird/big in a good way. I like the middle seats and the option to be able to walk between the seats to the back row. In a strange way, the model S seams have more storage space, yet less volume.
IMG_7353.jpg
IMG_7356.jpg
IMG_7358.jpg
IMG_7363.jpg

I saw an identical sig (except I have the CA license plate!) on 280 yesterday on my way to the city. I waved several times while we were side by side, but the guy was too cool to look at me or wave.
Not sure if he is a newbie too absorbed on the car, or I really turned to an old lady in the new year even a MX could not draw attentions for me .....:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_20160211_173912.jpg
    IMG_20160211_173912.jpg
    860 KB · Views: 169
I saw an identical sig (except I have the CA license plate!) on 280 yesterday on my way to the city.

That shot, because it's dusk/dawn, really shows some of the beauty in the lines of the MX. Following the window and shadows to the rear, you see how they taper back into the curve between the taillights, just skirting around the spoiler. It almost looks like a single tongue shaped piece. This really makes the vehicle look smaller from the back than it is, in my opinion.

Thanks for posting.

linesmx.png

Last edited:
White and Sig Red on an auto hauler parked by the Scottsdale SC. I looked out and saw a Sig Red on 20 inch wheels and my heart soared thinking that my long lost Sig Red X had found its way to Arizona, only to have my hopes crushed when I saw white seats. Not mine. I was told both Model X were staying on the truck and going on to Texas. But as I drove off the red had been unloaded. So no way to know if the driver was restacking or the car stayed unloaded in Scottsdale. Could not see VINs but the Sig Red was obviously a Signature car.

image.jpeg

Color comparison for those that may be interested. My wife's new X next to the Classic S it will replace. I had just picked the X up from tint and detail and we both ended up at the same place. Bright sun so I took a couple of shots to compare the colors.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The X has Arizona max legal 35% tint on the front side windows and 3M color stable 20% from the windshield sun visors to the rear of the windshield. From the outside you can't see the tint or the tint line. On the inside it looks like a traditional windshield with a tint band across the top. I will take some photos from the inside and post on the windshield glare conversation when the sun is shining tomorrow and i can take useful photos.

Last edited: