Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range-Loss Related to Heat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my last comment, since it's clear you're not reading my answers to you, since I actually watched the video where the Tesla drivers detailed how they did their trip. And, no, they didn't do a "no-limits run". And, I already pointed out that in order to match the old EV record by the Taycan, they only needed to do a 112% of speed limit run. Seeing as I did a faster, 113% of speed limit drive, last Summer, for 80% of the distance, by myself, I'm sure if I had a 2nd driver, any old Joe and friend could have broken the OLD EV record. Seriously, I did 80% of the distance at a faster pace than the Porsche EV, it's all in my ABRP data log. No big deal.

The reason I chose 113% of speed limit is because the speed limit I mostly saw was 70mph or 75mph, and 13% more is 79mph or 84.75mph. Keeping your speeding to less than 10mph over, generally, won't attract the attention of the police. Definitely not apples to oranges.

Oh, I read your comment. It's amusing to me that you think anyone can beat the EV record so easily. So then why not make history and do it yourself if it's so easy? I mean, you already proved that you could do it faster with your 113%.😄

You clearly don't understand what it takes to break the EV record, much less the ICE record.

And if you think setting the EV record at around 42 hours is apples to apples or oranges to oranges with taking a 42-hour drive across the country in an ICE car, then I think we have nothing left to discuss here. It's not the same thing at all. Not even close.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
UPDATE (in case anyone cares): I have been back to my regular, non-summer driving patterns and car storage for about 6 weeks and my range has slowly crept back up. It hit 284 today, after my commute out and back. I expect it to drop a bit after charging, but it was still nice seeing 284 again. Seems like this was indeed related to what I originally theorized: change in driving patterns and/or change in storage temperature over the summer.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC