Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ranger Service and 12V Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was out of town for 5 days and when I returned, I saw the replace 12V battery warning message on my S60. The car was delivered late December 2016 so less than 4 months. I just installed a Blackvue 650S (front camera only so far) but that shouldn't have any impact. The main battery was at 63% charge.

Anyway, I'm about 15 miles from both the Costa Mesa and Buena Park service centers. I called Costa Mesa first and no one picked up (3pm in the afternoon; left a voicemail message). After an hour, I decided to try calling Buena Park and they answered right away. After describing the problem, they arranged to have a Ranger come out the next day.

Next day... Ranger was about 10 minutes early and replaced the 12V battery in my driveway in about 20 minutes. It was quick and professional and covered under warranty. I thought the Ranger service was for more remote areas but he said they handle a lot of calls for minor repairs in LA/Orange County.

• Informative
Reactions: 365gtb4 and Tam