Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ranger Visits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't see any posts on Ranger Visits. Sorry if I missed them.

I wanted to let Tesla owners know there is a Ranger available to come to your home and service your car in your garage. This service is Great!

I found out this was available to me in Liverpool, NY when I got the message my 12 volt battery needed service/replacing. When I was scheduling my visit, I asked if I could add some other issues that were not major but annoying and I had put off until I was ready for my annual service. The closest SC is Mt. Kisco, 4+ hours one way from me. So I felt if the Ranger came to me I would save a ton of driving time.

The Ranger is great, friendly, knowledgeable, cleans up once he is complete and just a very nice guy. I enjoyed just talking with him.

He is restricted on how much he can do onsite. He has no lift and cannot check your AC. I have had several parts replaced and/or updated.

He covers the Western NY (Buffalo) to Utica, NY area. Rangers are scheduled from the Ohio SC and the lady that does this scheduling is Great to work with. Everything is done by email, text, phone. You get reminders he is coming, and after the visit you get invoice/repair report.

There is a flat fee for him to come to your home, I found it reasonable since it saved me a huge amount of time driving, and possibly having to spend the night in Mt. Kisco or getting a loaner car and driving it several times.

If anyone has put off some issues with their car because you didn't want to drive to a SC far from you, send me a PM. I'm not comfortable posting the contact information for the lady that schedules the Rangers w/o her permission.

This service Tesla offers is great.

Reactions: jthompson
I'm so happy for your positive experience with the ranger services, but this is nothing new. enjoy the car
I know the Ranger visits had continued in some states. But when I took delivery July 2015, I was informed that NY no longer would provide the Ranger service. I would have to pay $3/mi to get my car to the closet service center which is Mt. Kisco if I wanted it trucked there w/o driving. So when I made the call about my 12 volt battery, to Mt Kisco, in early April 2017, I found at that point they had put the Ranger service back into play in January of 2017 because owners where having issues getting to their service centers or letting issues go on their car because they did not want to drive the distance.

I'm glad you had the service in your area, but the middle part of NY state has no service close to them. I actually had a service person at Mt. Kisco indicate those of us in the middle of the state were "Bold" for taking on a car when we weren't close to any type of service.

I do enjoy the car.
thanks

Reactions: jthompson
the last time ( a few months ago ) when I needed a ranger visit ( which I never used ) there was not going to be a charge, because I did ask if there would be one. Fortunately for me my long awaited service center had just opened and I had the time to visit with them instead of waiting for the date of the ranger service.
since the local service center is now fully operational maybe the ranger policies are different now.