Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rate of speeding back up while on Auto Pilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner of a 2023 Model 3 Performance (3 weeks....love it!!), first post.
Is there a way to increase the aggressiveness of how fast the car accelerates back up to speed on Auto Pilot after traffic clears in front of you or a car moves out of your way? I feel like it should speed back up more quickly than it does. My previous car was a Volkswagen ID.4 and you could adjust that. I don't see a setting on the 3.

New owner of a 2023 Model 3 Performance (3 weeks....love it!!), first post.
Is there a way to increase the aggressiveness of how fast the car accelerates back up to speed on Auto Pilot after traffic clears in front of you or a car moves out of your way? I feel like it should speed back up more quickly than it does. My previous car was a Volkswagen ID.4 and you could adjust that. I don't see a setting on the 3.

There is NOT a way to do that.
Teslas are not that smart.

On the other hand, if a LARGE gap in traffic opens up ahead of you, Model 3 will gun for it, even if the cars are bunching up 200 feet ahead. Then it will slam on the breaks.
Hope you like that, since there is no way to adjust that either.

a

There is NOT a way to do that.
Teslas are not that smart.

On the other hand, if a LARGE gap in traffic opens up ahead of you, Model 3 will gun for it, even if the cars are bunching up 200 feet ahead. Then it will slam on the breaks.
Hope you like that, since there is no way to adjust that either.

a
I have definitely experienced the gunning for the gap during stop and go traffic. It's startling, lol.