TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rated range number different in P85D for Euro/Asian Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by hiroshiy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Supporting Member

In the US, I believe P85D and P85 both use 300Wh/mile for calculating Rated Range. In Europe and Asia, as far as I understand, P85 uses 320Wh/mile for Rated Range (in fact it is called Typical Range).

The question: what is the number for European and Asian P85D? At least in Japan, I saw a few people said they have 256 miles at 100%. That sounds like the same as US version? My P85 100% was 246 miles. Confusing, right?

2. hiroshiy

I should have posted under the Battery subforum. Sorry...

3. jpet

jpet Jan P.

In my P85D typical is using 201 Wh/km which corresponds to 323 Wh/mi.

Typical Wh per km P85D.jpg

• Like x 1
  4. hiroshiy

Hi, Jan, that 200Wh/km or 320Wh/mile number matches what I heard from Japanese P85D owners.

How much typical range do you have at 100% charge? Around 256 miles or 410km?

5. jpet

jpet Jan P.

When it was new, my max range was 406 km. You can find a lot of good info on the max range and degradation in the below sheet. All my range charges are in there.
    Tesla Battery Survey (old name MaxRange) - Google Sheets