Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle from rear center seat, another video now too

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had this rattle that I have narrowed down to the rear middle seat while in the up position (it goes away when folded down). I just noticed in this video review at 6:45 they point out the same rattle. Curious if anyone else has this and if anyone has fixed it or had a service center fix it??? Its SUPER annoying!

I have found the seats rubbing together was the primary noise for me... If I have the smaller split in the upright position, and the larger seat reclined then it's about 95% better. I haven't taken it into the service center yet, can't stand the idea of being without it long enough for them to work on it. :D

I had a mobile tech look at it today. He said to buy monk oil to lube it up. sigh

Ugg.. maybe I'll try sliding a microfiber cloth on either side and see if I can narrow it down even more. It's such an odd noise, not a rattle really, sounds more like a quiet but higher pitch snare drum.. wonder if maybe it's the little poll that juts out rubbing something???

I also did the ride on back thing. I think tighter is the whole issue, though. If there was a gap, they wouldn't rub or play off one another through the vibrations. Folding the middle down solves the issue, for now/for us.

So I had a mobile service setup to install homelink and fix the rear passenger light button not working. He showed up and said he had rear seat panels to install as well as part of a service bulletin.. the work order didn't list the number though :( So he replaced all three, although mine weren't bad to begin with, maybe one was a little loose but I didn't complain. Anyways, they are nice and secure now. But they don't solve the middle seat rattle issue, wasn't thinking it would but was hoping.