Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattling Noise from AC fans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive been driving my Tesla after picking it up from service. Upon driving my vehicle I could hear a rattling noise while the air conditioning was on. As I increased the fan speed the louder the rattling noise got. The sound is extremely annoying and always there unless I turn off the system. Has anyone else experienced this and have tips on what I should possible due. Really dont want to go back to service and be given another loaner vehicle.

Ive been driving my Tesla after picking it up from service. Upon driving my vehicle I could hear a rattling noise while the air conditioning was on. As I increased the fan speed the louder the rattling noise got. The sound is extremely annoying and always there unless I turn off the system. Has anyone else experienced this and have tips on what I should possible due. Really dont want to go back to service and be given another loaner vehicle.

*raises hand with a sigh* :)

Have and had something like that myself. My previous dashboard rattle was fixed and a new louder one appeared in its place. It seems that those plastic vents and conduits aren’t fastened together all that great and will rattle when shaken by either the normal rolling of the vehicle or by the airflow in the ventilation system.

It probably involves taking the dashboard apart and having a mobile tech attempt to fix it may result in a rushed job. There may also be long parts that are more safely pulled by two people (to avoid scratching the neighboring panels and liner).

Take it to the SC!

This happened to me, i checked the vent and it was coming loose/breaking off of the dash. I have a service appointment this weekend to address that and a handful of other issues, will let you guys know if it gets fixed.

How about this? they say nothing wrong but my noise is the loudest at 1 fan speed

• Informative
Reactions: ord3r
I finally got them to actually look at the video. I think they finally get it now after talking to the service manager and made him listen, it must be a blower fan IMO, he did say he heard another fan noise outside he didn't like and was going to replace. Then I get a text to come and pick it up, I said, are you sure this has been addressed since it is the second visit for the same issue and I'm loosing patience since they are 45 away. They say OK, wait, its not done yet.