Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven \ Current Model Comparisons with Previous Models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, good tip thanks.
@boonedocks Have you noticed any other differences regarding your new Raven? Can you feel any improvement with the new front motor in terms on acceleration from 80 km/t and up?

Kind of a hard one to answer...I have only had non-performance versions up until this one. I opted for the Performance + free Ludicrous upgrade and it is noticeably faster in standard sport mode than any of my previous Tesla's. Put it in Ludicrous and it is beyond belief how much difference there actually is between a non-performance and a Ludicrous car.

FYI, not all Ravens have HW3. Mine is a Raven P100DL w/FSD - May build/June delivery and has HW2.5. A little bummed but was given ludicrous for free as a first time buyer so not going to say anything.

I've heard there was a supply issue for HW3.

FYI, not all Ravens have HW3. Mine is a Raven P100DL w/FSD - May build/June delivery and has HW2.5. A little bummed but was given ludicrous for free as a first time buyer so not going to say anything.

I've heard there was a supply issue for HW3.
I'm also in the market for a new S. Want to share how you get the ludicrous at no cost for 1st time buyer?

All model S/X have had 48A chargers since late last year.

Wow! Good to note as some of the places I travel where there isn't a Supercharger available but there are destination chargers at 80A. I regretted not having it on my first S, use it on my current.

Is there an option for the higher charge rate to be fitted at all? To me, 80A at a destination means I don't have to hog the charger all the time to get charged and more people can get use of it. Given that there are more Teslas out there, it seems a backward move not to offer it.

Wow! Good to note as some of the places I travel where there isn't a Supercharger available but there are destination chargers at 80A. I regretted not having it on my first S, use it on my current.

Is there an option for the higher charge rate to be fitted at all? To me, 80A at a destination means I don't have to hog the charger all the time to get charged and more people can get use of it. Given that there are more Teslas out there, it seems a backward move not to offer it.

Sadly no, not on the RavenRefreshS. I do really miss my 72Amp charging. That's all I miss though LOL

Sadly no, not on the RavenRefreshS. I do really miss my 72Amp charging. That's all I miss though LOL

Now I'll be constantly checking Tesla's Supercharger network to see if there are any more chargers being put in destinations I'm traveling to...[click, click, click...].

Sorry, but I do think it's a step backward until there's more options for charging across the country.

I wonder if they have improved the NVH in the Raven. Every model S I am in has very loud wind and road noise. I solved these issues on mine by simply regluing the A pillar window weatherstripping near the corners of the triangle. Then I added $35 worth of sound deadning to the lift gate and doors and all the sudden it's amazingly quiet.

I was looking at getting into a newer Tesla for improved build quality but honestly I already fixed my main complaint with the car.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
I loved my Pano roof. Was one of my must haves when I first bought a Tesla back in 2013. I loved being able to configure everything about my 2016, Roof, wheel color, paint color (miss the dark blue metallic), dark headliner with light interior, dual chargers, saved on the premium sound option, choice of dash material (loved the piano black, hate wood), etc, etc, etc. I purchased the Raven, but there are many things I don't like about the configuration because I no longer had the choice. The only thing that makes me OK with is that the Raven is over $20,000 cheaper than my 2016 was.

Does kind of tick me off however that I spent a small fortune installing a 100 AMP breaker and running the HUGE electrical cable that was required so I could utilize the dual chargers in my 2013. Turns out to all have been for nothing. But again, have to remind myself that I saved $20,000 on the 2019. While I would love to have my dark headliner and piano black dash and panoramic sun roof, and have no need for Premium sound or winter package or Bio Defense Mode, I guess those sacrifices are worth the $20,000 discount. Also, I miss my silver Turbine wheels.

On the plus side, i LOVE the new adaptive air suspension and the additional near 100 miles in range and more comfortable seats. Beyond those, the car pretty much feels just like the 2013 I owned. I like the look of the all glass roof, but still wished I could open it up.

I'm still a believer that a car in the category and price range should have the ability to configure it the way you want it. Perhaps if they still offered that ability, they wouldn't have had to reduce the price by $20,000? I guess Tesla knows best.

I had a late 2016 and just got a new LR - neither were performance. Then after a week of owning the raven I had to take it in for a speed sensor replacement and got a ~2015 (?) 90D. (The yacht floor is actually kind of sexy though it makes no sense) I know it’s hokey but the build on the new car is way better. Everything is tighter and there are no squeaks. It’s friggin fast. Really fast. I loved my sunroof. I really did. And I miss it like I miss my youth, but the passengers love the glass roof. The long range makes me feel like I could take on Lewis and Clark. MCU2, the new seats in front and back, the stupid adjustable headrests, vanity mirror lights, etc. It’s just a way better car. It’s nowhere as refined from an appointment side as a Benz, but it’s a f**king cool car and a freak to drive.

But, and it’s a big butt, the adaptive suspension is phenomenal. On the highway it’s like you’re riding on a hoverboard inches off the ground. Around town, there are no potholes. They are just matrixed away. Dude, it’s a pricey ride, but so is a 7 series or a S class or an A8. I kind of read the OP to get at “did it get better?” Yes. It’s way better.