Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven Model S: worth it or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just returned from a weekend trip from the Bay Area to San Diego and back. Raven, Performance Ludicrous. Have done this trip in the past in a 2016 Model X 90D and a 2013 “classic” Model S P85. About 1000 miles round trip. Typical driving (80-85 on the 5 with passing sprints as needed)

Observations:
- energy consumption was remarkably good. 316 Wh/mi for the entire trip. For comparison, my 2013 Model S was more like 350 on these trips
- much less total time spent charging. I didn’t measure in minutes but you can feel the difference. Stops were intentional to take a break, not because I had to charge. And I did whatever I needed to do while charging and then continued my trip.
- low stress - ZERO range anxiety unlike my other two Tesla’s.
- handling is amazing both on an absolute basis and relative to my previous Tesla’s
- acceleration is just ... ludicrous
- the cabin is so quiet
- biohazard mode is NOT powerful enough to overcome the smell of cow off the 5
- I’m not a big autopilot user - I like to drive, along the lines of those stupid car commercials (Audi?) trying to diss Tesla FSD. That said, I did try both TACC and Autosteer. Seemed to work well but I didn’t use them much. (I don’t have FSD.)

Especially if you’re coming off an older Model S, the Raven upgrade is well worth it. (Plus, I’m with the people who don’t want the model 3 interior in their model s.)
We totaled our fully loaded 2018 December S100D. Do you think that Raven is going to be a much smoother ride?