Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RCM_a094 - Safety restraint system fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got following error. Any idea what is wrong...?
hzmblSA1kDvqaV6vbIgmjvOiU9mSMnolWdUIenRHIuAnKJ2ILksV6U6Zb4AB9QioCysOGnpMnXVvn-0bG8GucUNL3ksOKSKOKIpkyx85ynRgl93d3SgAjqk8txdFTeYJAUO53XnUg7OjMy639KhPFwwtCo61rUzMB8p-Mv2ZpzoccYdJn4gt6-i7jZfeO6kKf9gXdkwLbwb5wzGx-spaT4Q2YJc3VkvgNTT23kJfwc64GSU5NlWZZcNrHI01pt2Qb49SPP0OlxknDvCTek4KI6Y38RebRbhQXgoLY0EERammFj0iKZfPW3v2MJkksNPdUXtv2R3Mc2wRdTq18cztaHHkvq5F8epDLIVk_qCL3c4T6-pik0-8OMNsL9hHPM8rqalBCFc-JRTkxQAId3I53ycqAcde2YexM1cNfrsxCxO30phlvL2nwaG_6GQWP68STeaEc1ueV6vmyprybLzfOB1EbmcFNZLceQ9kVxHd7ZzyOaR1VDPl-nxpoQLELVFLwzfprd8Qg2I8UCk4NqFVdbU4gIKOsBg3mShc7LFigykgkkbewHGOo2Y2_Y7OZA2_suVVN8Fyh5Ti0twPw5ABb28w76SgThO79cWpbEi-u4jnEZanTQTKxSKP9v2E-Pbff32H0FZzLnFQgHl35WMJAXRjD92KaqGjqNf0I0Zlnkx3OM9GHaMG3FJzf22u=w1366-h615-no

I had same error…I made a mobile service appointment, but they changed it to a service center appointment and said the mobile guy was not equipped to fix it. SC Fixed it under warranty.

A quote from my service record: “Checked connector at belt tensioner per article and could not find issue. Checked connector at VC left per article and could not find issue. Found internally damaged wire in harness. Replaced seat harness. System now working properly.”

I'm seeing a slightly different error code. RCM2_a146 on my car.
Its been frustrating trying to reach Tesla service to understand if my car is actually drivable in the current condition or not.

Got an appointment with the mobile technician originally for Thursday, July 8 but that got rescheduled to a service center appointment on July 19.

Does anyone know if the car is driveable?
I looked around to see if any of the wires were amiss but I didn't see anything.

Was finally able to get the car in to the service center last week, after a bunch of haggling with the service team.
They took 3 days to diagnose the issue as a faulty safety restraint module.
Apparently it needs to be ordered and then fitted, which will take another 3-4 days.

This car doesn't seem to be off to a good start. More than a week in the shop in the first 3 weeks of ownership.

Was finally able to get the car in to the service center last week, after a bunch of haggling with the service team.
They took 3 days to diagnose the issue as a faulty safety restraint module.
Apparently it needs to be ordered and then fitted, which will take another 3-4 days.

This car doesn't seem to be off to a good start. More than a week in the shop in the first 3 weeks of ownership.
Did you get a loaner? I put in request and scheduled a appointment with mobile tech. Then my mobile tech messaged saying I should take it to a SC myself and then rescheduled me to next week mobile.... Can't message him anymore so guess I'll wait for next week... Really don't wanna deal with the hassle of driving to a SC and getting uber credit...

Did you get a loaner? I put in request and scheduled a appointment with mobile tech. Then my mobile tech messaged saying I should take it to a SC myself and then rescheduled me to next week mobile.... Can't message him anymore so guess I'll wait for next week... Really don't wanna deal with the hassle of driving to a SC and getting uber credit...
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Yes, I did get a loaner. I had to go to the SC 3 times to finally get one. It does help that the SC is only about 15 mins away and along my commute route.
The loaner is a really old beat up model S with crappy range but whatever, I still can drive and am not car-less.

Good luck with your issue. Hopefully it gets resolved soon!

Reactions: henh2o
Check FR RR RC belt lock cables, in my case it was broken (kid seat there all time)
getting the RCM_a094 error now. Service wants $150 CAD for parts and $240 for diagnose /install. I'm thinking of picking up the part. It's a supper easy fix, already had the seat out and see the wire is not broken but appears to be slightly pulling out of the buckle, the black sheathing is not covering the wire completely at the buckle.

just wondering if you did the fix yourself and if so do you know the Torque Spec for the Bolt holding down the Buckle Assembly?

Part is:

2R BUCKLE, CTR AND RH, BLK1085942-01-E
and

BOLT,HF,M12X40,STL[109],ZN,ADH,MAT1117252-00-A

Did anyone manage to fix this without the Service Center? Mine wants $491.44.
In the estimate it said the 2nd row center buckle needs to be replaced.
I kepy my mobile service appointment. Guy replaced the buckle assembly and waived the $200 diagnose fee, he said he didn't really have to diagnose as the wire was clearly broken, he just pulled it out. so was $215 CAD total for me.

Just providing another data point: I also started getting the RCM_a094_comVCRIGHTStatus error. At first, it was intermittent and would only appear when somebody was sitting in the rear. Later, it stayed consistently.

In addition to parts + labor, Tesla wanted to charge me a $250 diagnostic fee. I asked them to skip the diagnostics and just replace the rear center/right buckle.

I was charged $119.00 for parts + $45.90 for labor + tax.

I had this happen my 2020 Model 3 RCM_a094. Found the loose wire for the middle rear seat belt. I removed the one 15MM bolt and unplugged the two connectors and brought the assembly inside. You will need a small torx bit to open the seat buckle housing. I was then able to pull back enough wire and solder back on the wire and heat shrink it. Reinstalled and tested without an error. Well out of warranty... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!