Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reactions from the public

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've gotten used to people taking pictures or videos of my car, waving, giving me thumbs up, cupping their ears (as if to say "where's the noise"), and of course asking me about the car. I even had the entire staff of a Jiffy Lube abandon their posts when I stopped at a nearby store.

Yesterday, however, I had a new one. Someone pulled up beside me (at 60 MPH) and held up the cover panel from a wall socket. Pretty amusing.

What's the most unusual reaction others have gotten?

What's the most unusual reaction others have gotten?

People regularly drive into a parking lot where I've stopped, do a few circles around the car, and then drive out again. (I've been told that this happens at least several times a day at our office.)

When I stopped at a local Starbucks the other day, the car was swarmed by most of the staff of the SportCheck store next door.

A few times I've been waiting at a stop light, and someone pulled up beside me, rolled down the window and asked me about the car. The green light is the fun part. One guy, after asking a few questions, said, "wanna race?" At that exact moment the light went green... :biggrin:

But by far the MOST fun happened when the car was delivered. This enormous enclosed car carrier rig pulls up to our house just after suppertime. The rumbling diesel brought everyone out of their houses to see what was going on. Parents, kids, dogs, you name it. It was an instant street party! Everyone was entertained watching the driver shuffle the cars to get mine out, and also of course gawking at the two Roadsters. Yes, two... by some semi-coincidence the Toronto store's demo car was charging in my driveway at the time.

Here's part of the crowd admiring the cars...

attachment.php?attachmentid=825&stc=1&d=1279688901.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2516_crop.jpg
    IMG_2516_crop.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 384
Last edited: