Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Rear Adjustable Camber Bushings for Model S/X Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aren't they a beauty?
20210516_195645.jpg

Okay so the camber arms were delivered and I attempted install and failed. I got the first bolt off pretty easily right behind the rotor, however the bolt all the way in the back was impossible to get off with the tools I had. I removed the height sensor to gain some more clearance but it still wasn't enough, the rotor is in the way. If anyone has any tips let me know, otherwise I am just going to get a shop to install it cause I don't want to mess anything up lol
IMG_1095.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg

What do you mean the rotor was in the way? The brake rotor? I'm not sure I understand how that could be in the way of the inner mounting bolt. When I did mine, it was just a ratchet on one end, and a box wrench on the other.

FYI, before you install the replacement links, make sure you set them to the same length as the stock links...that way your car drives straight until you have time to get an alignment.

And since you're using fixed lowering links, you'll want to install the aftermarket camber arms with the adjustment side facing OUT (towards wheel). That's the only way to make sure that your camber adjustment doesn't move the ride height sensor mounting point, thus raising the car in the back. Makes adjusting the camber a little more annoying (wheel needs to come off), but that won't be a problem for a performance alignment shop and it's still less annoying than having Tesla reset your ride height every time you get an alignment.

IIRC, each half turn of the adjustment arm moves your camber value by 0.1 degrees in either direction

• Love
Reactions: Gwgan and pabla