Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Defrost Not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front?

8E59C1B9-8009-453A-9AC1-4868DF9F7931.png

• Informative
Reactions: Puma2020
Why is there even an option for cold air for the front defroster? You're not going to defrost anything on that setting.

Only use case I can think of is to de-fog by running the A/C, might be useful when it's not too warm but extremely humid.

I had this issue!

I think it was a lose connector as once a panel fell off on my trunk, I was able to push the connector in more and it seems to work now. The panel fell since the body shop that fixed a paint issue destroyed 3 clips.

I’ve had that issue, twice. The first time they “reset a computer” and kept it overnight to make sure it was still working. That lasted a couple months and now it just failed. It literally worked great yesterday. No idea what changed. I tried deep power cycling the whole car but it didn’t have any effect.

I had this issue!

I think it was a lose connector as once a panel fell off on my trunk, I was able to push the connector in more and it seems to work now. The panel fell since the body shop that fixed a paint issue destroyed 3 clips.

Did you happen to take a picture of the connector? Can you describe how to take the panel off? I’d love to just fix this myself rather than waiting two weeks and round tripping to the service center.

I had this issue!

Any photos you can share of the loose wire? I took off a panel in the trunk and see wires that only appear to be to the interior lights. Not sure anything in plain view connects to the defroster.