Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this was the weakest part of the car design. Especially those tailights!

I was hoping for something sleeker/more sporty like the Jaguar F-type's
FTYPE_4.jpg

or maybe like the AM One-77:
aston-martin-one-77-rear.jpg

2131.jpg

Reactions: Ocelot and voyager
teslamodel3rear-marked.0.jpg

2013-Porsche-911-Carrera-4S-rear-view.jpg

I really like the car overall, and the controversial front end. The back however I find boring. I find the headlights, although they flow with the trunk lines, give a strange look as they are not straight. I also prefer narrow tai lights like most of Porsches recent designs. The thick tai lights just seem disproportionate. And inelegant. Overall, however big thumbs up.
The front is beautiful as well as the shape and the back is not bad but the tail lights are really bad. it doesn't flow and looks like a hook from a pirate or just looks incomplete. I'm sure Elon will address the tail lights as it's the only ugly part of the car. On the other side the head lights are a winner as well as the wheel designs.

Reactions: Ocelot
The butt looks just fine. My first reaction was that it looks almost like a Model S from behind. And, that's a good thing. Tesla design is about hiding raw power under elegance and subtlety of the exterior. They are not going for aggressive styling since it is a family car. Wait for the next gen Roadster if you want super aggressive styling and the performance to go with it.