Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Entertainment Software Update needed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KOL2000

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2013
San Diego
Hi all- Anyone have a guess as to when the kids will be able to play games on the screen back there (we have the controllers)? Also, when will they be able to use their own bluetooth headset to watch stuff on their screen while I can play music on the main speakers?

Love Tesla but as usual the product was not fully finished when shipped (which is understandable and fine by me) just curious if anyone has a clue when they plan on pushing an OTA update to complete the feature set?

thanks!

Even my 2007 Hyundai Veracruz came with a set of dedicated bluetooth headphones for the rear passengers. Not that I need them as my kids are long gone but for those of you with kids, I would think it would be a must. Heck, just a cheap almost disposable wired plug in set would have worked great for the back but I guess there is no headphone jack?

Even my 2007 Hyundai Veracruz came with a set of dedicated bluetooth headphones for the rear passengers. Not that I need them as my kids are long gone but for those of you with kids, I would think it would be a must. Heck, just a cheap almost disposable wired plug in set would have worked great for the back but I guess there is no headphone jack?
No headphone jacks. The promised feature was dual bluetooth - one where you can pair a set of Bluetooth headsets to just the rear screen entertainment. But still would require a set of bluetooth headsets - though cheaply found on Amazon I am sure.

I noticed that when the kids are watching somethign the screen gets really dim on youtube. Is there a brightness adjustment?

The rear screen is really a gimmick, its too low to be of any use and too small! An ipad and a cupholder mount is the best for videos!.

This and no gaming in the back seat pisses me off more than anything else Tesla has screwed us on
Totally agree, I am brutally disappointed that we got a second Model X only to be devoid of anyway for them to stream Disney plus with separate audio, we had headphone jacks in my parents Escalade in the 90s when I was a kid! This is 2022.

Not sure why there is not more of an uproar about this. Nearly a year since plaid has been released to customers and this simple functionality (which we had in a 2009 Buick Enclave) is not installed on this spaceship of a car.

Its mind boggling too me. What would this take, one weekend of the coders time to install?

Not sure why there is not more of an uproar about this. Nearly a year since plaid has been released to customers and this simple functionality (which we had in a 2009 Buick Enclave) is not installed on this spaceship of a car.

Its mind boggling too me. What would this take, one weekend of the coders time to install?
I'm with you, but who would we uproar too? Tesla doesn't have a PR department, there's no one you could call about it

Reactions: KOL2000