TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear Fog Light Option

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Pathung, May 7, 2016.

1. Pathung

Pathung New Member

Will the Model-3 come with a rear fog light option in the U.S. (did the S?)? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, though I believe that European-delivery vehicles will have this as a standard feature, as it's their law.

I use the rear fog lights in both my M-B and VW (retrofitted) in inclement weather for that extra measure of safety - when I can't see the car in front of me clearly due to rain/fog, I switch my Rear-fog light on.

2. p-f-g

p-f-g Member

In theory rear fog light is a good thing but in practice when everyone forget to switch it off...

3. Pathung

Pathung New Member

I'd think that Tesla owners are more conscientious? But again, I'm new and only know one Tesla owner. Again, I'd just like it to be an available "option" - those who don't know what a rear fog light is would probably leave it off their list.

It's possible that Tesla could automate the rear fog light's operation based on weather/visibility conditions... this should be a piece of cake for a car that can be remotely summoned.

4. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

From my perspective, this has never been a popular feature in the US. Whether or not it should be is a different question. I don't see many cars with a rear fog light being used. If there is an additional cost for production, I'd be surprised if it's made available in the US.

5. eisbock

eisbock Member

Hell, I see people driving around in torrential rain or blizzard conditions without even their head (and tail) lights on. And the people who typically do this opt for a greyish colored car for extra camouflage!

• Like x 1