Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear passenger inner door frame scratches.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone happen to have these scratches on the inside of the rear door frames about 20cm above the latch?
I've took it in to the service center twice to have it fixed but all they've done is just touch it up. Now I'm told it's not a warranty item because the demo cars have the same scratches. Apparently it's just dirt/grit getting in between the rubber and body. If this was the case then surely nearly everyone will have these scratches (unless you've never opened your back doors).

I'd possibly understand this response if I lived down a dirt track or something but I live in a city, have underground parking and wash the car at least once a week paying particular attention to this area since I first noticed it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-08 145648.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-08 145648.png
    732.9 KB · Views: 887
  • Scratches on inner rear door frame from the rubber on the door. - Imgur.jpg
    Scratches on inner rear door frame from the rubber on the door. - Imgur.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 351
Our 2020 SR+ has marks like that in both rear door jambs. I wash our cars multiple times per week so it's not from excessive dirt accumulating in that area. I imagine it's just some movement of the door while driving. It never bothered me enough to do anything about it. It's very minor on my car.

The guy at the service centre said it was from the door closing with dirt/grit on the rubber seal. Every time I wash my car I make sure this is clean. If I had white paint it probably wouldn't bother me but I have a blue one and its showing the white undercoat now. 😞

Reactions: Arthur31