TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rear seat belt warning with car seats?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jeffdom1978, Jul 6, 2018.

1. jeffdom1978

jeffdom1978 Member

It’s starting to annoy me, whenever my kids are in their car seats in back my dash constantly warns me they don’t have their seatbelts on.

I’ve searched and apparently there is no solution for this except deal with it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. Max*

Max* Charging

I'm guessing you're using the latch system. You can just buckle the seatbelts under the carseat, that way the seatbelts are always buckled, and the car will never give you the error message.

Another option is to buy seatbelt extenders, and just snap them into the seatbelt slots (if the car seats are narrow enough). You're not actually using the extender for anything, but to trick the car into thinking the seatbelt is buckled.

• Like x 1
  3. jeffdom1978

jeffdom1978 Member

Ok,
    Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe there was some setting I missed, but yea I'll just buckle them together under the seats for longer trips.

4. AZatul

AZatul Member

I reported this issue as a bug fix(please report it as well). The seat belt warning is way too sensitive on weight. The warning comes on with no kids in the car and just the booster car seat sitting there (no latched). It’s annoying.

Also buckling the seat belt is a work around, not a fix. Plus it gets annoying for the kids to have to unbuckle it before getting into the car when they are getting in.