Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear visibility compared to the new MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will say looking at that YT video image that the camera taking that photo isn't at the person's eye level so would expect it to catch more of the frame. The camera should be much lower and so it's hard to say what the camera/eye view would be if taken like my photos posted above. Just saying I wouldn't necessarily judge based on that image. Also as mentioned how low or high your seat is, how tall you sit in the seat and how you adjust you mirror angle will affect the view in the rear view mirror. Best way clearly will be to sit in the car and set it to your body.

There's a huge cross member across the rear. You lose all that as viewable space. No amount of mirror angle is going to change that.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
There's a huge cross member across the rear. You lose all that as viewable space. No amount of mirror angle is going to change that.

Been stuck in the house since the shutdown here and my husband will go out for groceries and keeps looking for a Model Y at a local Supercharger but so far neither of us have seen one in person. So being a liftgate is it more like a view from a Model S then?