Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Wheel Well Liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, over-engineered is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Leaving a hole in the fender liner where dirt, mud, pebbles, ice, road salts etc. can get in is the same reason I had to replace my steering knuckle/damper joint. Same reason being, no protection from the elements. Put them in if you can find them, otherwise it's just another excuse to reject an issue caused by any of the above.

My 2021 also has this issue…
12E1EF9F-F8EE-40D6-8849-D34146142AC1.jpeg

ACE4FF0A-E577-4D17-9EEF-E071DC73E868.jpeg

Tesla needs to get away from that soft felt wheel liner material and go with plastic, like other manufactures do. It amazes me how Tesla has such smart people yet makes so many dumb decisions. Take the soft touch interior door panels on my 2018 Model 3. Mine now have numerous nicks just above the door cup holder. I assume somehow my shoe keeps hitting it and that material is not forgiving and has left indentations. Thankfully Tesla changed that area on the newer Model 3's with hard plastic panels, as it should have been from the start. Wish I could change mine out for those, if it were inexpensive and easy to do.

Anyone aware of an aftermarket set of plastic wheel well liners being out there and available for purchase? I've been searching around on the forums but haven't found anything yet. Please link me if you know of any. If there aren't any available and any vendors are watching these posts, I think you'd have a pretty good market to tap into for selling these.

For me, trying to keep the wheel well liners clean is practically impossible. They look filthy pretty much all the time. Fortunately they still fit and haven't started to tear or deform...yet. Would also like to have some road noise reduction benefit.

The rear wheel liner fitment on these cars is pretty poor. Most automakers utilize the composite wheel liners in the rear but they also engineer much better fitment. The liners are not tight at all around the fender and overall they just don't fit together well.