Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rearview mirror auto deploy speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its interesting all the small tweaks that Tesla is making all the time. I have to close my mirrors to back out of my garage. I noticed a month or so that the mirrors started auto-opening when the car hit 20 mph for the first time. With the most recent update they changed the speed to 32 mph. Such a weird thing, wonder what the issue was that came up with them opening at 20 that made them tweak it to a higher speed.

There was someone in the UK who was complaining that he had to traverse a very narrow road frequently and wanted the mirrors to be folded while he was on that road, but with the lowered limit they would automatically unfold. I suspect that Tesla decided that 32mph is probably about the max speed that you would want to be going on a road that was so narrow that you would need to fold in the mirrors.

Its interesting all the small tweaks that Tesla is making all the time. I have to close my mirrors to back out of my garage. I noticed a month or so that the mirrors started auto-opening when the car hit 20 mph for the first time. With the most recent update they changed the speed to 32 mph. Such a weird thing, wonder what the issue was that came up with them opening at 20 that made them tweak it to a higher speed.
Hi - Just got my MS last week & have the same narrow garage issue. My mirrors unfold when I walk into the garage. How do you get them to stay folded until you reach speed?

Hi - Just got my MS last week & have the same narrow garage issue. My mirrors unfold when I walk into the garage. How do you get them to stay folded until you reach speed?

I have my car set to fold mirrors when car is locked. I typically get in start to back up with my mirrors unfolded to ensure I am lined up with doorway properly. I then refold my mirrors as I back thru garage doorway. When I start driving forward I no longer have to manually unfold the mirrors, it will do it when I hit 32 mph.