TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rebooting the computer

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by supersnoop, Feb 25, 2016.

1. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

Any tips for restarting the internal computer? I had a log transfer interrupted, and now I get a "memory stick failure" every time I try to pull the logs. Any tips?

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Try opening and closing the charge port door rapidly for something like 5-8 times.

3. ElectricLove

ElectricLove Member

If this doesn't work, message me and I'll give you a more elaborate method of resetting the entire thing... But hopefully this works!

4. Panicopticon

Panicopticon Member

#4 Panicopticon, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Assuming it's a 2.0 you can pull fuse #13 and the aux battery fuse (listed as a 30A?), or disconnect the aux battery. It's possible just waiting for the car to sleep is sufficient, but I doubt it. This is a guess from the wiring diagrams, sadly there are a number of other fuses that are associated with the VMS, but I believe they're all for switched actuators (trunk, locks, etc).

Another possibility is to carefully unplug one of the connectors from the VMS module in the passenger foot well, see this for more.

5. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

This is what Tesla does and what I do whenever the knickers get into a hissy with the USB stick:

How and where to pull plug / power to the VDS?

Just be VERY careful with the connector plug, its brittle and needs to be correctly and gently pulled or else it'll break.

6. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

There is not a it of room down there, but pulling the plugs on the VMS did the trick!

7. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

You can drop the VMS box if you need more room....