Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot computer crash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting one for some of you folk.

I travel the Adelaide/Melbourne route every couple of weeks. For the last year or so (couldn't tell you from what SW version) my autopilot computer crashes at the exact same spot every single time.

That spot is -37.28254915744717, 142.93275857035863. no matter the time of day, going both ways. When driving in service mode I see it go from normal to "init"
There are also a couple of other spots that it happens with, but not consistently. At first I thought it was time based (EG AP has been running for x hours and needs a reboot), but I've managed to disprove that). I cant work out why.

I have AP2.5 cameras with a AP3 computer in my MX 2018. Does any one else see this issue in this particular location or anywhere else consistently?
Just curious.

I travel the Adelaide/Melbourne route every couple of weeks. For the last year or so (couldn't tell you from what SW version) my autopilot computer crashes at the exact same spot every single time.

That spot is -37.28254915744717, 142.93275857035863. no matter the time of day, going both ways. When driving in service mode I see it go from normal to "init"
There are also a couple of other spots that it happens with, but not consistently. At first I thought it was time based (EG AP has been running for x hours and needs a reboot), but I've managed to disprove that). I cant work out why.

I have AP2.5 cameras with a AP3 computer in my MX 2018. Does any one else see this issue in this particular location or anywhere else consistently?
Just curious.
Did we by any chance have this discussion elsewhere (FB group or Discord server)?

I experienced it in the same location, and if it wasn't you I discussed it with then there is at least a 3rd person who also experienced it.

2022 (Ryzen CPU, HW3) Model 3 RWD.

Found the chat (TOCA Discord)

First person posted (1st Jan) and thought it was related to the AP nags which had recently been introduced. But the location caught my eye.

1706617995556.png

They followed up by saying it was "Near RSL" and that aligned with my marker, since the marker was where I pulled over to reset, not when the AP dropped out.

One thing was mentioned that if you use voice control to log a bug report, that in itself doesn't do anything, but if you later log a service call and reference the date and time, they can retrieve the diagnostic info from the bug report. Might be worth doing especially if others have logged the same issue in the same location.

Attachments

• 1706618037424.png
    1706618037424.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 16
When it crashes what does the display say (outside of service mode)?

I get this as well in my 23 MXP in the same area here in California on 405S freeway heading towards Orange County. Has happened a few times. When I I attempted to create a service ticket for this issue, I got a "do you have time stamps" request as if I'm debugging an IT issue to a helpdesk lol. No, of course I don't. So naturally they offered for me to use the bug report function and then they can pull the logs. Just silly. I guess the logs are so rife with noise and errors it's impossible to do filtering to find such things, the onus is on the customer to ensure they log these issues. Sorta odd being a "tech company". Same with TPMS errors. I swore at one point, a while ago, any alerts / errors that popped up on the display were logged in the regular alerts menu so one could pull them up for service. Seems to be gone now.

When it crashes what does the display say (outside of service mode)?

I get this as well in my 23 MXP in the same area here in California on 405S freeway heading towards Orange County. Has happened a few times. When I I attempted to create a service ticket for this issue, I got a "do you have time stamps" request as if I'm debugging an IT issue to a helpdesk lol. No, of course I don't. So naturally they offered for me to use the bug report function and then they can pull the logs. Just silly. I guess the logs are so rife with noise and errors it's impossible to do filtering to find such things, the onus is on the customer to ensure they log these issues. Sorta odd being a "tech company". Same with TPMS errors. I swore at one point, a while ago, any alerts / errors that popped up on the display were logged in the regular alerts menu so one could pull them up for service. Seems to be gone now.
The car generates pages of data per minute. A service tech went through it with me a few years ago when they were actually permitted to talk to us. It is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Just curious.
It’s a sign, you need to make a donation to the Salvation Army.

IMG_1767.jpeg

Last edited: