Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebuilding wrecked 2015 Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe that’s the explanation. Power reduced might be due to the fact that your ac system is not working ( mine was damaged in the accident and coolant leaked out) and you drowse it on a hot/warm day, or maybe your battery cooling system doesn’t have fluid. I am not an expert, but in my case all errors did clear up when I fixed all systems, so I guess you should expect similar in your case

I would also suggest replacing fender apron, you might not pass structural inspection if you just bent it out( I assume your car has salvage title? ) you can see in the pics how I did it. Still don’t know if it will pass, need to wait couple of days.
Wow you did a really clean job on that! I would be super surprised if it doesn't pass! Yeah mine is a Salvage Title, and I thought about it alot but mine bent back pretty well, and in my state all they do is check to make sure theres 4 wheels, all lights function and make sure the VIN matches. So it actually works out really well!

Maybe that’s the explanation. Power reduced might be due to the fact that your ac system is not working ( mine was damaged in the accident and coolant leaked out) and you drowse it on a hot/warm day, or maybe your battery cooling system doesn’t have fluid. I am not an expert, but in my case all errors did clear up when I fixed all systems, so I guess you should expect similar in your case

Dang, from what I can tell there is 2 jacuzzi type pumps up front for coolant, and whenever I plug the High Voltage in I think at least one runs, but I can't remember if both do, It's been awhile! But now that I think of it I remember the climate control never worked. I could adjust the temperature on the screen but it will not turn the fan on or anything:(

Yeah mine is a Salvage Title, and I thought about it alot but mine bent back pretty well, and in my state all they do is check to make sure theres 4 wheels, all lights function and make sure the VIN matches. So it actually works out really well!

The last time I got a salvage car re-titled all they did is walk out to the car glanced at the VIN under windshield and said you are good to go. They never saw, or could even look at 1/2 of the car because of where it was parked. No test of the lights, nothing. (For the prior one I dealt with they checked that the VIN under the windshield and in the door jamb matched.)

Yeah, for very easy salvage reconstruction in Oregon. :)

Reactions: CrazyCarl
The last time I got a salvage car re-titled all they did is walk out to the car glanced at the VIN under windshield and said you are good to go. They never saw, or could even look at 1/2 of the car because of where it was parked. No test of the lights, nothing. (For the prior one I dealt with they checked that the VIN under the windshield and in the door jamb matched.)

Yeah, for very easy salvage reconstruction in Oregon. :)
They collected your money! That is what was most important...:)

Reactions: MP3Mike
Haha yea exactly! I got a fellow Oregonian here:)
I'm actually on a deadline to get it registered, because here in Oregon after Jan. 1st it's over $300 to Register because its electric, and doesn't benefit the gas tax

But the one thing is my brother and I have been trying to figure out, is will that say anything about the window? It's only cracked on the passenger side (due to dash airbag), not the Driver side. But it looks pretty bad!

And there is no way I'm taking it to tesla to have them fix it. I tried to have a Mobile glass repair company order one and come and replace it, but then they called me back and they said tesla would not ship them the window unless they had a VIN number... and then I found out even if they could have got it, only Tesla can calibrate the autopilot after. So I'm fine with a cracked window haha!

Here is a picture of the window! Hopefully DMV will not say anything about it.

Does anyone have any advice on the Climate Control fan. Or why it says power reduced, and the other codes?

Attachments

• 20191220_124350.jpg
    20191220_124350.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 154
Also, the car still has updates available. Does anyone suggest I update it? And then if Tesla ever turns off SuperCharging, does anyone know what the guys here on the forum charge for their skills to turn it back on? And do they need it to be on an older software version to do so?

Thanks! And Merry Christmas all!

Here's where I'm at..

I registered the car and have been driving it. All codes are cleared, except "Car needs service contact tesla service". Does anyone know how this one gets cleared?

SuperCharging: Lastnight I took it to my local SuperCharging station, and it said "Can not charge, unplug and try again" then it said "Unable to charge, SuperCharging not Enabled"... so does this probably mean they have at some point turned it off?

Heater/ac Blower fan: So I removed the blower fan and put 12v to it and it ran fine, I put a volt meter on the connector that plugs into the motor, and it reads 13v. But it doesnt power the blower. When I adjust the fan levels on the MCU the voltage does not change at the connector? So what should my next step be?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks all!