Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rec on springs vs coilovers for MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Purchased some new wheels/tires today and trying to figure out why would someone get coilovers vs springs. I just want about 1" drop. Looked like eibach springs would do that but would coilovers give a better ride?
This wheel gap is going to bother me. Tires are 255x40x20 on Drag DR-80's.

Thanks!

IMG_1291.JPG

I did the Eibachs and regret it since the ride is extremely harsh with 21 Ubers. Should had done the coilovers
I assume this wasn't with a new MYP? I'm on my 3rd MYP and my most recent one (a month old) rides immensely better than my 2022 and 2020.

I'm contemplating just going with springs myself, as I would never want to adjust coilovers once they're on my car. Plus, working from home, I don't put on a ton of miles.

I'm debating between Eibach, H&R, or UPP.

I assume this wasn't with a new MYP? I'm on my 3rd MYP and my most recent one (a month old) rides immensely better than my 2022 and 2020.

I'm contemplating just going with springs myself, as I would never want to adjust coilovers once they're on my car. Plus, working from home, I don't put on a ton of miles.

Yes you're correct, delivered 6-22. I hate the car and can't sell it since resale is as horrible as the ride quality! I should have stuck with MS as that is what I sold when purchased the MYLR. My wife's M3LR has 19" with the original suspension and rides much better but of course MS with air suspension was excellent with 21" wheels.... may be selling the lowering springs and spend more money on coilovers

Last edited:
Yes you're correct, delivered 6-22. I hate the car and can't sell it since resale is as horrible as the ride quality! I should have stuck with MS as that is what I sold when purchased the MYLR. My wife's M3LR has 19" with the original suspension and rides much better but of course MS with air suspension was excellent with 21" wheels.... may be selling the lowering springs and spend more money on coilovers
Oh geez. If it is any consolation, the 22 MS I was driving last week didn't ride particularly well either, in my humble opinion!

I have the Eibach springs and for the most part they are perfectly fine and wife approved. The only time they get weird is in a corner when the suspension is loaded. But that is mor to do with the or shocks not the springs they ride real nice on the highway. And take up the wheel gap nicely.
69429BBF-F3E1-43BA-B95B-942389D996C0.jpeg

Reactions: <MACK>
I have the Eibach springs and for the most part they are perfectly fine and wife approved. The only time they get weird is in a corner when the suspension is loaded. But that is mor to do with the or shocks not the springs they ride real nice on the highway. And take up the wheel gap nicely. View attachment 910178
Looks good! Is yours a MYP by chance?

The only issue with Eibach is the rake. I feel H&R is the best drop for the MYP in terms of the front and rear drop measurements.

I have the Eibach springs and for the most part they are perfectly fine and wife approved. The only time they get weird is in a corner when the suspension is loaded. But that is mor to do with the or shocks not the springs they ride real nice on the highway. And take up the wheel gap nicely. View attachment 910178
Are those 21" wheels? Also what's your manufacturer date?

My car is a long range. I don’t need a myp I have a r1 for speed. However I did buy the acceleration boost👍I got My car march of 21. Im not sure about the rake my car does not appear to have a rake See photo maybe I’m wrong but I’ve never noticed a rake.. and now I work from home I only have 5100 miles on it. these springs are great I would not hesitate to buy them again. ave a great day everyone. Happy Friday😎

my wheels are 20x10.5

My car is a long range. I don’t need a myp I have a r1 for speed. However I did buy the acceleration boost👍I got My car march of 21. Im not sure about the rake my car does not appear to have a rake See photo maybe I’m wrong but I’ve never noticed a rake.. and now I work from home I only have 5100 miles on it. these springs are great I would not hesitate to buy them again. ave a great day everyone. Happy Friday😎

my wheels are 20x10.5

20 x 10.5 all the way around?

Would you mind letting us know what part number your front struts are or what the last letter is. Should be around E or F at the end.
B91580F4-37BF-45A9-BBCF-E48BFB458A4B.jpeg

I have the H&R springs and Tein enduro pro plus shocks and the ride is far and away better than my friend's 2021 MYLR and the comfort suspension on my 23 MYLR. Pretty easy to adjust the dampening too and this setup is pretty affordable!
Are those lowering springs?(H&R) My sales guy that specializes in BMW and Tesla sells the Teins but gives me the impression that they are cheaper made shocks as far as aftermarket? States they are more for Honda guys or along that line?? If those are lowering springs you installed?? Just sold me on the Teins!!

Are those lowering springs?(H&R) My sales guy that specializes in BMW and Tesla sells the Teins but gives me the impression that they are cheaper made shocks as far as aftermarket? States they are more for Honda guys or along that line?? If those are lowering springs you installed?? Just sold me on the Teins!!
Yeah H&R sport lowering springs and these shocks are for stock springs or lowering springs! There isn't anything about them really that would have made me hesitate installing them. Sure they "only" have 16 clicks of adjustability and aren't stainless but for me it's all I need( and prob for a fellow Californian). Tein is a great upgrade for the price. I will link what I am running, I got them from my local shop up here but you can find them other places as well!

Tein:

Springs: