Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received our Sig X on New Years Eve!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy New Year's to all. We picked up our Sig X (538) at the factory New Year's Eve. Specs: Sig Red, black leather, white alcantera, figured ash, ludicrous, 22" wheels. What a beauty she is!! We are spending the day getting to know the newest member of our Tesla family.

We wanted to share our initial impressions with you as we are so excited to have received the X!
  • Keeping in mind we drove back to Grass Valley from the Bay area in extremely heavy holiday traffic, the X handled perfectly! The suspension is tighter than our Model S85 (this was our first time driving a dual motor Tesla), we loved the overall feeling of the X handling. We were not able to utilize ludicrous mode last night, but the power seems greater than our beloved Model S!
  • the seats are extremely comfortable. We are impressed with the shade of the black leather
  • the panoramic windshield is gorgeous (we drove home in the dark so we're looking forward to taking our X out in the daytime to see all the beautiful scenery here)
  • a surprise as we were driving home is the automatic headlight dimmer feature
  • the sound system is awesome!
  • loved the tinted windows (from 2nd row to the rear)!
  • The 22 inch rims look fantastic and really add to the current styling of the X!
  • The Tesla app works if you have more than one Tesla
  • for all of you golfers out there on the forum, the frunk does hold our Tesla golf bag with irons. We removed the woods from the bag and set them on top which works perfectly!

With respect to the factory NDA, all we can say is WOW, what a difference 2-1/2 years makes from when we last toured. We highly recommend taking the time to schedule a tour.

Cheers to a healthy & happy 2016!

Happy New Year's to all. We picked up our Sig X (538) at the factory New Year's Eve. Specs: Sig Red, black leather, white alcantera, figured ash, ludicrous, 22" wheels. What a beauty she is!! We are spending the day getting to know the newest member of our Tesla family.

With respect to the factory NDA, all we can say is WOW, what a difference 2-1/2 years makes from when we last toured. We highly recommend taking the time to schedule a tour.

Cheers to a healthy & happy 2016!

Congrats! How do you like the light headliner with the black seats? That is the combo that I went with, but it was hardest decision for me to make.

I am also considering factory pickup and then a drive down the coast to SoCal. I would assume that you would recommend it.

So..Nice....
My delivery is confirmed for Tuesday...
Missed the 2015 Fed Tax credit...but found out I'm still eligible for the California rebate (now starts being phased out in mid March for high income families)

I am soon looking forward to my X...

Congrats! How do you like the light headliner with the black seats? That is the combo that I went with, but it was hardest decision for me to make.

I am also considering factory pickup and then a drive down the coast to SoCal. I would assume that you would recommend it.

We love the light headliner with the black seats. It lightens the interior and looks gorgeous next to the panaramic glass. We think you will love it, too!

We would highly recommend picking up at the factory. And the drive down the coast is beautiful. Have fun and enjoy your new Model X!

- - - Updated - - -

We should clarify - we have a Model S so already have the Tesla app. After 24 hours after receiving our X, our app was updated to see both vehicles. Very cool!

- - - Updated - - -

That is awesome! Enjoy!

IMG_2715.JPG
IMG_2734.JPG
IMG_2723.JPG
Wow... congrats. Really happy to see so many people have received their X.

A few pics to share tonight. The first one was taken at the factory yesterday. The second one shows the Tesla golf bag and clubs in the trunk. The third shows the figured ash. We are Xcited!

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Question: If you pull up to pick someone up (a passenger), can you open their door and close it from the driver's seat using the touchscreen?

Yes! Go to Controls/Doors and tap open or close - this is an awesome feature! Thr frunk is the only item that will not automatically close.

- - - Updated - - -

Great to hear (pardon the pun)! Do you have the standard or ultra sound system?

And congratulations on your beautiful Sig Red X!

We have the ultra sound system.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
I think I missed this? The new limits take effect in March?

could you post a link? I can't find this update. Thanks

Fiscal Year 2015-16 Income Limit Changes | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

The very last section covers implementation date, which says, 'Implementation of the income eligibility changes is anticipated in mid-March 2016. The implementation date will be announced at least two weeks prior on the ARB and CVRP websites and through a press release. CVRP will continue to operate without income eligibility changes until the implementation date.'