Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! It’s been about a year or longer since I have been on here. I had a 2020 Blue Model Y Performance that I had delivered last September around the 9th. Well long story short I totaled it on 8/19 and ordered another one on 8/20, lol, because I knew there would be a wait. I don’t have a VIN yet, but my EDD window is 9/15 - 9/30. So hopefully I made it for the EOQ rush, plus I don’t have a car, so hopefully in the next couple of weeks it is delivered!!

I also wanted to ask if anyone on here had a total loss on their Tesla lately? My settlement offer was surprisingly high! Like 77k! That’s more than I paid originally for it! I think I paid around 72k. Not complaining, that’s for sure! was just wondering if I got really lucky?

Old specs:
2020 Model Y Performance
Blue
White Interior
FSD which was 8k at the time.

New specs:
2021 Model Y Performance
Red
Black Interior - white is too hard to keep clean, and I hate the blue jean transfer.
No FSD - just hasn’t panned out and completely not worth 10k as it is now, even with city streets. I’ll consider it if they get to level 4 or 5 which I will probably on to my next car by time that happens.

All in all, I loved my old MYP, and am looking forward to the new one and all of the upgrades that have happed between last year and now. Until then, I will be watching this forum as I’m sure all of you have been!

Hello everyone! It’s been about a year or longer since I have been on here. I had a 2020 Blue Model Y Performance that I had delivered last September around the 9th. Well long story short I totaled it on 8/19 and ordered another one on 8/20, lol, because I knew there would be a wait. I don’t have a VIN yet, but my EDD window is 9/15 - 9/30. So hopefully I made it for the EOQ rush, plus I don’t have a car, so hopefully in the next couple of weeks it is delivered!!

I also wanted to ask if anyone on here had a total loss on their Tesla lately? My settlement offer was surprisingly high! Like 77k! That’s more than I paid originally for it! I think I paid around 72k. Not complaining, that’s for sure! was just wondering if I got really lucky?

Old specs:
2020 Model Y Performance
Blue
White Interior
FSD which was 8k at the time.

New specs:
2021 Model Y Performance
Red
Black Interior - white is too hard to keep clean, and I hate the blue jean transfer.
No FSD - just hasn’t panned out and completely not worth 10k as it is now, even with city streets. I’ll consider it if they get to level 4 or 5 which I will probably on to my next car by time that happens.

All in all, I loved my old MYP, and am looking forward to the new one and all of the upgrades that have happed between last year and now. Until then, I will be watching this forum as I’m sure all of you have been!
I mean the settlement seems high, but if you were to buy the same spec car today, it would likely cost more if you factor taxes in. On top of that, if you wanted to buy an identical used car, it's probably going for a premium now (vs waiting till Nov for new order).

So I don't think you got lucky. I think you have a reasonable insurance company.

He has arrived. Car in great condition construction wise. Delivery detailing is lacking though. Still inspecting but looks good so far

Attachments

• PXL_20210909_210659963.jpg
    PXL_20210909_210659963.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20210909_210705115.jpg
    PXL_20210909_210705115.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 45
  • PXL_20210909_210717760.jpg
    PXL_20210909_210717760.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20210909_212223137.jpg
    PXL_20210909_212223137.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 51
  • PXL_20210909_212257657.jpg
    PXL_20210909_212257657.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20210909_210730151~2.jpg
    PXL_20210909_210730151~2.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 52
VIN was just assigned a few minutes ago. SC told me it would be today so glad to see they were correct.

OD: 8/19
VIN: 9/9 (267xxx)
EDD: 9/23/-9/25

MYP Blue, Black Interior, No FSD, No Tow

As I mentioned in a previous comment they think it'll arrive 9/19 and be ready for pickup 9/20-9/24.
Based on the above info, it seems to me there is a 21 day lead time from OD to receiving the VIN. Is this average lead time for VIN that others are seeing as well for recent orders - say order placed in last week of Aug/first week of Sep? Just curious - perhaps there is no specific pattern ;) . FYI I placed my order on 9/3. Current EDD is 9/18-9/30 - VIN yet to be assigned. My guess is the VIN should show up sometime in the week of 9/19.

Not sure how you guys get anything out of your SA. I only ever got a hold mine once after I first ordered and he didn't know anything, seemed uninterested in talking to me, and rushed me off the phone.
Even if you talk to one, I’m not sure I would believe what they say…
Is your SA Jennifer? I ordered 1 day before you and she basically told me the same thing. I am hoping it happens. EDIT: you said "he" so I am guessing its not Jennifer lol
SA I spoke with is Moe.

I'm wondering if having them switch my account from cash to finance before I get a VIN will adversely effect my place in the queue? Or should I just wait for the VIN? I need to make some credit charges soon and I don't want to ding my credit rating therefore I've been patiently waiting to apply with Tesla first. Not sure I can wait another week or two. Worried about getting bumped.

Based on the above info, it seems to me there is a 21 day lead time from OD to receiving the VIN. Is this average lead time for VIN that others are seeing as well for recent orders - say order placed in last week of Aug/first week of Sep? Just curious - perhaps there is no specific pattern ;) . FYI I placed my order on 9/3. Current EDD is 9/18-9/30 - VIN yet to be assigned. My guess is the VIN should show up sometime in the week of

I'm on Day 20 and no VIN

• Helpful
Reactions: itsroundrock
Based on the above info, it seems to me there is a 21 day lead time from OD to receiving the VIN. Is this average lead time for VIN that others are seeing as well for recent orders - say order placed in last week of Aug/first week of Sep? Just curious - perhaps there is no specific pattern ;) . FYI I placed my order on 9/3. Current EDD is 9/18-9/30 - VIN yet to be assigned. My guess is the VIN should show up sometime in the week of 9/19.
It has been 35 days for me since switching to MYP. No VIN. 112 days total since ordering MYLR originally.

In case you're not familiar with it, here is a tracking spreadsheet from one of the TMC members: Wiki - Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

OD: 9/2 (~11:50pm EST)
VIN: 9/8 (267xxx)
EDD: 9/20 - 9/26

MYP White, White Interior, No FSD, No Tow

I called my delivery service center yesterday who said they can’t really narrow down the delivery window yet, because the car is still in Fremont, but that being said the arrival target date in their system was 9/22. Time has slowed so much when it comes to this car that I didn’t even realize I called the service center the same day I got the VIN lol…

I’ll list all the accessories I got in the meantime in case anyone has suggestions or maybe someone can get ideas from my list. Once I have an exact date I’ll make an appointment for tint and PPF. Deciding how much PPF to get had been killing me. I want to do the whole car, but that just seems like overkill. Also considering ordering a matte carbon fiber license plate holder for the rear, but I’m not sure what they’re currently shipping with.

• Tesla:
    • Mud flaps
    • Trunk storage bins
  • ForMyTesla:
    • 3D MAXpider Mats (full set)
  • Evannex:
    • Jack pads
    • Sliding center console storage tray
    • Under seat air vent covers
    • Mud flaps (for rears)
  • Amazon:
    • Matte screen protector
    • Rubber trim noise reduction kit
  • Etsy:
    • Matte black T logos for frunk, trunk, and steering wheel

OD: 9/2 (~11:50pm EST)
VIN: 9/8 (267xxx)
EDD: 9/20 - 9/26

MYP White, White Interior, No FSD, No Tow

I called my delivery service center yesterday who said they can’t really narrow down the delivery window yet, because the car is still in Fremont, but that being said the arrival target date in their system was 9/22. Time has slowed so much when it comes to this car that I didn’t even realize I called the service center the same day I got the VIN lol…

I’ll list all the accessories I got in the meantime in case anyone has suggestions or maybe someone can get ideas from my list. Once I have an exact date I’ll make an appointment for tint and PPF. Deciding how much PPF to get had been killing me. I want to do the whole car, but that just seems like overkill. Also considering ordering a matte carbon fiber license plate holder for the rear, but I’m not sure what they’re currently shipping with.

• Tesla:
    • Mud flaps
    • Trunk storage bins
  • ForMyTesla:
    • 3D MAXpider Mats (full set)
  • Evannex:
    • Jack pads
    • Sliding center console storage tray
    • Under seat air vent covers
    • Mud flaps (for rears)
  • Amazon:
    • Matte screen protector
    • Rubber trim noise reduction kit
  • Etsy:
    • Matte black T logos for frunk, trunk, and steering wheel
Wow. People who ordered in California in August still haven't received our VINs. While you ordered in September, got a VIN within 6 days and your car is still in Fremont, California. Californians are getting the short end of the stick.

Reactions: SinCityEV