Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. People who ordered in California in August still haven't received our VINs. While you ordered in September, got a VIN within 6 days and your car is still in Fremont, California. Californians are getting the short end of the stick.
It's Tesla's SOP. Start EOQ blast with east coast deliveries and work back west. Not that it's any consolation, but given your proximity to Fremont, you'll likely get your car around the same time as this person given transit time.

Wow. People who ordered in California in August still haven't received our VINs. While you ordered in September, got a VIN within 6 days and your car is still in Fremont, California. Californians are getting the short end of the stick.
And Washingtonians as well. BOHICA for us. At this point, would prefer a delay until October to get a 2022. Not interested in a CF/CJ at the EOQ.

So, who wants a car built the last week in September, during the EOQ cluster? Not me!
My SA just responded to my message about possibly waiting until October if it means getting a 2022. I told her I would cancel if needed and rebook, this was her reply. "No need to cancel once the VIN is assigned we can confirm the year. If it’s not a 22’ we can release it and wait"

Thought I'd share incase any of you were considering the same.

So, who wants a car built the last week in September, during the EOQ cluster? Not me!
Exactly why I'm holding off a few more weeks before I order my MYP - it's been painful to wait for about a month but I knew the 2022 stamp was coming and didn't want the rush out QE Y's either.

Almost time! Already ordered some TSportline 19" wheels and all season tires to slap on when it arrives and set my tentative PPF and ceramic coating appointment with a local shop as they get booked out for late November.

My SA just responded to my message about possibly waiting until October if it means getting a 2022. I told her I would cancel if needed and rebook, this was her reply. "No need to cancel once the VIN is assigned we can confirm the year. If it’s not a 22’ we can release it and wait"

What part of the VIN indicates the year? Is it possible mine is a 2022 since I’m right on the cusp?

Current Tesla VIN is: 5YJ3E1EB7MFxxxxx as example. The "M" equates to 2021, so if your VIN has a "N" it is a 2022 model.

Good to know. Might do the same at this point. What’s another month.

Anyone have any clue how soon into October the switch happens?