Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. No changes to report.
Here's my number one biggest complaint about all this. After Tesla ghosted me re: EOQ push notifications - they sent me a new EDD starting on 10/3. Let that sink in knowing what we know now. 10/3. They sent me that EDD, with a straight face, knowing full well they had zero intention of honoring that date.

I usually applaud Tesla for using fungible terminology like an art-form: "should" "most likely" "on track" "anticipate" "pretty accurate". But giving me a 10/3 EDD was an absolute lie. And yes, I'm sure you've all noticed I'm having a difficult time with this (I'm used to Audi kissing my ass to keep my business let alone lying to my face -- yeah yeah Dieselgate, whatever).

"Well you know it's your own damn fault for believing Tesla in the first place, Rob." Is that an insult -- or an admission of an abusive relationship?

Since I'm ranting. Why is it on me to figure out what's going on with my order? Why do I have to lurk around internet forums to get information about how any of this works? Why do I have to listen to a quarterly earnings call to get a glimpse as to what's really going on? I've own four Audi's in my lifetime and I've never once listened to a VW earnings call nor did I ever give a crap.

Why is it assumed that we, the customer, should feel bad for Tesla's struggles to build cars, and it's never on Tesla to feel bad for its customers?we
We shouldn’t. i get it, we dont have a better choice right now. That's why I'm rooting for Rivian. Also Hyundai/Kia/Genesis.

Without a doubt if I could get a Rivian R1S with Max battery this year I wouldn't be getting the Y. Especially since FSD Beta is moving so slowly and is pretty exclusive. I plan to drive my MYP balls to the wall, when I'm alone and no one is around, especially in Canyons/Back roads, so Im guessing my safety score will be low.

I sold my STI and BRZ so Im kinda stuck right now with the Y purchase.

Hell, if the Model Y value holds up and Rivian value is holding too, Ill probably sell/trade up.

Here's my number one biggest complaint about all this. After Tesla ghosted me re: EOQ push notifications - they sent me a new EDD starting on 10/3. Let that sink in knowing what we know now. 10/3. They sent me that EDD, with a straight face, knowing full well they had zero intention of honoring that date.

I usually applaud Tesla for using fungible terminology like an art-form: "should" "most likely" "on track" "anticipate" "pretty accurate". But giving me a 10/3 EDD was an absolute lie. And yes, I'm sure you've all noticed I'm having a difficult time with this (I'm used to Audi kissing my ass to keep my business let alone lying to my face -- yeah yeah Dieselgate, whatever).

"Well you know it's your own damn fault for believing Tesla in the first place, Rob." Is that an insult -- or an admission of an abusive relationship?
Tesla has the advantage of still selling to those who actively seek out their products without solid competition. As they gain market share and their competition catches up this will cause them to lose business. Until they fall behind they have no reason to change. Short sighted, yes, but they literally can't build them fast enough and keep raising prices and people keep ordering. They have little worry about upsetting a few customers because they gain a loyal following from those who've experienced their products.

I went through this last year with my LRMY, poor communication and complained about lack of communication with some pretty poor build quality. Here I am a year later begging them to do it again.

Trust me the car is worth it. Yes it's frustrating. Yes you will love it and much like a mother who gives birth and her brain mutes the memory of pain in a birth process, after you've driven it for a while you will remember that it sucked but care alot less.

Tesla has the advantage of still selling to those who actively seek out their products without solid competition. As they gain market share and their competition catches up this will cause them to lose business. Until they fall behind they have no reason to change. Short sighted, yes, but they literally can't build them fast enough and keep raising prices and people keep ordering. They have little worry about upsetting a few customers because they gain a loyal following from those who've experienced their products.

I went through this last year with my LRMY, poor communication and complained about lack of communication with some pretty poor build quality. Here I am a year later begging them to do it again.

Trust me the car is worth it. Yes it's frustrating. Yes you will love it and much like a mother who gives birth and her brain mutes the memory of pain in a birth process, after you've driven it for a while you will remember that it sucked but care alot less.
That's exactly right. There's no legitimate competition and the product will deliver. Tesla's stranglehold on the market is short lived, but until then, they're the only game in town.

My experience purchasing a Model Y P last year was generally fine with some issues. But guess what? I'm back in line for another one.

I totally get your frustrations. I’m one of the most impatient people I know…but I have wanted this for a while now. And with 3 daughters, I haven’t and don’t spoil myself very often. So I’m going to wait. Not taking my money anywhere else. I’ve been saving my pennies for a few minutes and I’m going to enjoy every minute of this purchase. But yeah, waiting sucks. Especially when I want this so incredibly bad. It will come.