Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP, MSM, White, no tow ordered 11/10 in socal.

First estimated mid Feb through mid March, then shifted a couple weeks ago to Dec. 19-31 and has held steady. Will be out of town during that window and would rather hedge for the potential tax credit, but seems like I’ll be safely in the 30 day window to delay delivery, as I understand it.

May be safer to hold now since we don’t absolutely need it until March in advance of our first kid (not putting a car seat in an m235, tyvm). But I’d rather get it on January 2nd, lol.

Reactions: mmatlock
Scheduled pickup in Burbank for 12pm on Wednesday. Thanksgiving day was an option, 🤣
I'm exactly 2 days ahead of you. 12pm moon Monday at Burbank. I didn't tell my girlfriend yet, picking her up tomorrow in my Maxima then picking her up in the Tesla on Wednesday for the fancy date.

Do Tesla's come with Disney+ now? Watching movies in the car was a huge selling point.

MYLR White OD 11/8 Originally ED June 22 moved up to February-March. Today I open the Tesla app and the Estimate moved back to June. I’m glad I didn’t want to receive the Y that early I was hoping to get the EV Credit and any new updates that may be available by June. I was hoping it would be Made at the Texas Factory as well.

Thanks. If I understand correctly when you get that Accept and Proceed with Delivery" message, your Vin is already created. Once you Accept Delivery, enter bank info then a firm delivery date comes up?

Yes if you see that message, your VIN was already assigned. Likely a legal thing for you to acknowledge Tesla Vision (no radar) before you can see the VIN. After you accept, then you can see your VIN, enter bank info, etc.

Firm delivery date was set after I received a text the day after I got my VIN (yesterday). I chose to deliver to my SC.

MYLR White OD 11/8 Originally ED June 22 moved up to February-March. Today I open the Tesla app and the Estimate moved back to June. I’m glad I didn’t want to receive the Y that early I was hoping to get the EV Credit and any new updates that may be available by June. I was hoping it would be Made at the Texas Factory as well.
This thread is for MYP deliveries. Let's keep it on topic so as to not confuse folks who have MYP orders pending. The MYLR delivery timeframes are a completely different animal.

Just got off the phone with my SA. At first, he thought I had a LR on order, and he was pretty strongly suggesting pausing prior to receiving a VIN/delivery date, as pausing after that point adds a note on your account that you "passed on a car" and from his experience, the logistics team tends to prioritize other customers first -- I guess the thinking is, if my job is moving product, customers who passed on a car before are more likely to again, slowing me down. Not sure if that squares with what anyone else has heard about the process.

Once he realized I had the Performance on order, he said basically not to worry about pausing now, and that if I do get scheduled for a December delivery when I'm out of town and request a delay, he thinks I'll still likely get a car in Jan, Feb at the latest.

He also confirmed that lots of people are inquiring about this very issue given the uncertain tax credit situation, and thinks Tesla may try to offer incentives (some free supercharging miles, premium connectivity, etc.) to try to speed product through for the end of the quarter. 🤷‍♂️